• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

This was my £13 lunch from Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay today. I even had the privilege of having to fill my own drink (no ice on offer).

My dad had the same and he described it as the worst burger he’s ever had, and this is a man who’s ex Royal Marines and will eat anythingIMG_1198.jpeg.

I don’t mind paying more in Theme Parks, but this was grim. The actual burger patty tasted like it was cooked 2 days ago and the most flavourful item of the meal was the one slice of gherkin.

This was my £13 lunch from Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay today. I even had the privilege of having to fill my own drink (no ice on offer).

My dad had the same and he described it as the worst burger he’s ever had, and this is a man who’s ex Royal Marines and will eat anythingIMG_1198.jpeg.

I don’t mind paying more in Theme Parks, but this was grim. The actual burger patty tasted like it was cooked 2 days ago and the most flavourful item of the meal was the one slice of gherkin.
Gherkin is massively underrated, in fairness.

But yes that looks like an absolutely terrible burger.

I couldn’t decide whether to put this in the Fireworks or Aramark thread so decided on the latter.

The Corner Coffee alternative milk provision for fireworks weekend seems very poor. You can only get alternative milks with Americanos or tea and nothing else (with said alternative milks provided in the form of cartons at the collection point). If you want anything more then it’s off to FV for you.

IMG_7721.jpeg

I don’t know if this was a towers or Aramark decision, and I’m aware these are very busy days, but considering this isn’t a choice for a lot of people preventing access to the majority of the available coffee options is very poor.

I couldn’t decide whether to put this in the Fireworks or Aramark thread so decided on the latter.

The Corner Coffee alternative milk provision for fireworks weekend seems very poor. You can only get alternative milks with Americanos or tea and nothing else (with said alternative milks provided in the form of cartons at the collection point). If you want anything more then it’s off to FV for you.

IMG_7721.jpeg

I don’t know if this was a towers or Aramark decision, and I’m aware these are very busy days, but considering this isn’t a choice for a lot of people preventing access to the majority of the available coffee options is very poor.
Corner Coffee looked depressing yesterday, nowhere to sit as all the seating was taken out and replaced by queue ropes. I imagine they have to prepare for the 6-7pm rush for hot drinks before the show. We poked our heads in and then headed straight to Coffee Lounge.

It's not great that if you want a seat or a dairy alternative you have to trek to the far side of the park, especially without the Skyride running. Given it's size the park should have more than two coffee shops. With seating.

It’s pretty standard that they remove the seating from Corner Coffee during fireworks so that’s not an Aramark specific decision.

It feels like the idea of streamlining the menu to speed up service and therefore reduce queues came from a good place, but if that excluded those with dietary requirements in the process that seems like a fail.

It’s pretty standard that they remove the seating from Corner Coffee during fireworks so that’s not an Aramark specific decision.
I never said it was. Not everything in this thread needs to be Aramark-bashing 🙂.

Obviously the decision is made by the park to take the seating out. I can see that this enables better crowd control in the evening but it does mean that the park has just one not-very-large and not very conveniently located sit-down café for one of its busiest events of the year, which just isn't sufficient, especially in poor weather.

It feels like the idea of streamlining the menu to speed up service and therefore reduce queues came from a good place, but if that excluded those with dietary requirements in the process that seems like a fail.

Yeah a more sensible option would probably to have said for latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate we will only do hot milk in Semi-Skimmed cow milk or oat milk only. So at least then there is dairy or non-dairy.