• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

They are still serving Coca-Cola Company drinks as advertised, but have for some reason ended up with a supply of Pepsi Max branded cups in the regular size.
You have to serve the drink, as advertised, in the cup with the same branding. It's a legal requirement, unless the cup is plain. If you hand over a Coke, in a Pepsi cup, and don't tell the customer, or clarify, you've breached licencing laws.

After booking a room for the 23rd (to take advantage of the late night opening) I asked on reception when checking in (at around 8:45pm) which restaurants were available. I was informed that they were all about to shut (??) but I could either get a pizza from Splash Landings or order in. This was BEFORE 9pm on a Saturday night. I went to Splash, ordered a pizza (around £15 I think) and waited 45 minutes for it to arrive. Honestly? The worst pizza I have ever "eaten" in my life. Neat tomato puree for the base, unmelted cheese - absolutely inedible. I had one slice and the crust off a second and then abandoned it. Went to ATH and bought a few bags of crisps 😂. I have emailed the park, but haven't got a response yet.

However, I would like to say that during the weekend in the park, I did have a few things that were 'fine' and even some things that I would consider actually classifying as 'nice': A cookie from the place outside Alton Manor, some donuts from Mutiny Bay and the nachos from outside Wickerman.IMG_0818.jpeg

@LJP out of interest why didn’t you complain that evening in the hotel rather than write a letter afterwards?
Because there was only one member of staff on the bar who was trying to sort drink orders, hand out pizzas and collect them from the kitchen. She looked very stressed and overwhelmed - she was also not the one who made the pizza.

The complaint I have submitted is about the fact that the restaurants were all closing at 8:45pm, when management knew the park was open until 8pm. Just seems like a ridiculous decision:
AT: "We're open late, please stay, it'll be great, make the most of it!"
Me: "OK, sure, here's £300. Can I get something to eat?"
AT: "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha..."

I’m currently sat in Just Chicken having just had a chicken burger, large fries and a bottle of water. It was actually perfectly acceptable. The chicken was nice and crispy, there was a good amount of salad and sauce in the burger and the portion of fries was too large for me to finish off, despite this being the first meal of the day for me.

What is most interesting though, is that it’s just gone midday so arguably peak food time on what is a busy half term Monday. But the place is barely a third full. It appears the ridiculous pricing which hits families and large groups the hardest, is well and truly taking its toll.

It is not half term, mardi gras, etc etc.
Noon isn't peak time for food, many punters will only be getting their first rides in.
Wet and windy forecast, you have struck lucky for the end of term.

It is not half term, mardi gras, etc etc.
Noon isn't peak time for food, many punters will only be getting their first rides in.
Wet and windy forecast, you have struck lucky for the end of term.
Easter holidays then. Staffordshire are back but a lot of the country are in their 2nd week off now.