• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food we eat wrong

My dearest wife has the strange habit when we run out if sweeties...of standing in the kitchen with a carton of drinking chocolate powder and a teaspoon.
Just shovel it in love, no need for milk and a cup.
But in secret.
I go for a drink of chocolate a week later, and find an empty carton with a flipping spoon in it.
Might start hiding her Stella.
Again.

I have a habit of eating things in specific order leaving the thing I like most until last. Drives the other half mad for some reason.

I'll microwave scrambled eggs in a mug everytime over cooking it in a pan as it's less hassle and doesn't taste that much different.

I've never had a steak nice enough to justify ever spending over £15 for one. Through work I've had meals where I've had Wagyu, Chateaubriand and other ridiculously expensive cuts to find out it's not really for me. I'm also flabbergasted at how people pay £60 for a steak and smother it in peppercorn sauce. (Just to point out I'm a medium-rare guy, just incase you thought I was a well-done luddite.)

If you order a steak at anything more than medium (I may be willing to accept medium-well, and acknowledge that different cuts are best cooked to different stages), then you’re ruining a perfectly good cut of meat. If you order a fillet steak and have it well-done, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

I have a habit of eating things in specific order leaving the thing I like most until last. Drives the other half mad for some reason.

I'll microwave scrambled eggs in a mug everytime over cooking it in a pan as it's less hassle and doesn't taste that much different.

I've never had a steak nice enough to justify ever spending over £15 for one. Through work I've had meals where I've had Wagyu, Chateaubriand and other ridiculously expensive cuts to find out it's not really for me. I'm also flabbergasted at how people pay £60 for a steak and smother it in peppercorn sauce. (Just to point out I'm a medium-rare guy, just incase you thought I was a well-done luddite.)

Sorry but microwave scrambled eggs have been grim everytime I've had them, just bouncy nothingness. I prefer my eggs medium-well instead of overcooked.

I'm usually too cheap to pay for expensive steak but I have noticed a difference when spending a little more, even if it is just better cooking (I'm not great cooking them at home and aim for medium but end up well done).

My wife loves fillet steak cremated.
The only way to eat eggs is to put them on top of several slices of bacon in a butty.
My mums sickness cure...raw egg in a glass of sherry,beaten with a fork and necked in one.
Made me ill watching.

I used to have steak well done :(

Mid rare please. Well done was mullering it, mid rare is much better.

Need an entire pack of cutlery in an industrial microwave for the proper experience. Play some ride music and job jobbed.

Sorry but microwave scrambled eggs have been grim everytime I've had them, just bouncy nothingness. I prefer my eggs medium-well instead of overcooked.

I'm usually too cheap to pay for expensive steak but I have noticed a difference when spending a little more, even if it is just better cooking (I'm not great cooking them at home and aim for medium but end up well done).

Years of working in a kitchen with only a Microwave either made me master this or just dull my taste buds to accept it. @rob666 I'll raise you an egg sandwich with bacon, by adding HP Frutty sauce. (Does that still exist?)

Bacon in the Microwave @Burbs I approve, although you're allowed to cook everything in the microwave judgement free when you're a student.