• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Well then, Raith's title hopes are up the creek and Dundee United look set to win it...not that it was any suprise that they were heavy favourites to get promotion yet not as by a landslide as first predicted and it is kind of funny how they almost blew it.

Were it not for them being in the same league then Raith would've likely been going up as league winners.

Nice to see two relatively local teams to me in Wrexham and Stockport getting promoted to league one. Both have had an horrendous time of it until quite recently.

24/25 the last season Stockport can have the claim of having the closest ground in the top 4 divisions to the river Mersey as well. Unless Everton go out of business.

Nice to see two relatively local teams to me in Wrexham and Stockport getting promoted to league one. Both have had an horrendous time of it until quite recently.

24/25 the last season Stockport can have the claim of having the closest ground in the top 4 divisions to the river Mersey as well. Unless Everton go out of business.

The way Stockport have crawled back is impressive.

Wrexham are going to have a big issue. My wife complains about all the new F1 fans that came along with drive to survive™. I can see some conflict arising when the locals start getting their noses pushed out.

Sheff Wed will probably be joining them at this rate, we yet again blew a golden chance to leave the relegation zone today. 🤦‍♂️

The way Stockport have crawled back is impressive.

Wrexham are going to have a big issue. My wife complains about all the new F1 fans that came along with drive to survive™. I can see some conflict arising when the locals start getting their noses pushed out.

Stockport are well funded.

A lot of regeneration happening in the local area. Some impressive stuff.
Nice little town for some of the football fans to visit.

Hahahahaha. Get in Eze.

Cracking little performance that from palace. Very good last gasp defending at times. Fair play to you's.

You seem to have gained a very good manager that gets how to use all of your squad that you can all get behind. The foul stench of woy, stealing a wage of you has now gone.

What Roy did at tail end last season was fantastic. However problems with the board not bringing in a suitable replacement meant this year became a malaise. Injuries didn't help but that's a trend across the league for one and the lack of depth (plus unwillingness to try others) didn't help.

Summer transfers will be telling, mostly in the departure lounge. But keeping a clean sheet with 1 recognised centre back is impressive. I'm sure when we lose next week things will be back to fear again.

I'm pleased for Henderson too. Became a bit of a scapegoat recently but made a few decent saves from looks of it (we were out for most of the game and upon coming home refused to put it on XD).

What Roy did at tail end last season was fantastic. However problems with the board not bringing in a suitable replacement meant this year became a malaise. Injuries didn't help but that's a trend across the league for one and the lack of depth (plus unwillingness to try others) didn't help.

Summer transfers will be telling, mostly in the departure lounge. But keeping a clean sheet with 1 recognised centre back is impressive. I'm sure when we lose next week things will be back to fear again.

I'm pleased for Henderson too. Became a bit of a scapegoat recently but made a few decent saves from looks of it (we were out for most of the game and upon coming home refused to put it on XD).
Ayew, Mitchell, Henderson have all be scapegoats. Schlupp is the ultimate favourite to be picked on, yet has been used consistently by most managers since signing m.

Nice to have our decent front three starting again for once. Haven’t been this excited about the next game since Bolasie, Murray and Wilf back in the championship days!

35th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster today.

Didn't entirely understand what had happened as a kid, I do however remember the silence of queueing in the streets around Anfield in the aftermath of the disaster to pay respect to the victims. Was the first time I'd even visited the ground.

Hillsborough was the first major news event I can remember. It was, sadly, the event that got me noticing Liverpool FC as a thing, as the old man was watching everything on it at the time.

The battle the families and survivors have had to go through just to get the truth about what happened that day, is one of the biggest miss carriages of justice this country has seen and the fact that not one person in charge that day, or whom was in involved in the cover up afterwards, has ever suffered any real consequences of their actions. Appalling.

Ayew, Mitchell, Henderson have all be scapegoats. Schlupp is the ultimate favourite to be picked on, yet has been used consistently by most managers since signing m.

Nice to have our decent front three starting again for once. Haven’t been this excited about the next game since Bolasie, Murray and Wilf back in the championship days!

Schlupp is one of those weird ones who probably has suffered from the lack of squad depth meaning he plays a lot more and not having a really defined position. He'd probably be fairly decent in the LWB role now but wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Ayew is a great squad player, but also has that stigma of being key in those awful days. Maybe one day he'll smile.

When I was watching ya anfield on Sunday. Definitely some heart, and real good attacking talent are let down by a total lack of depth.

I've always liked palace as a club. The supporters especially, one of the very few sides who come to anfield and actually sing about their own club. No poverty or tragedy chanting. No banging on about how much they hate other sides. Just all about palace.