• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Annoyingly Sheff Wed's unbeaten run finally came to an end on Tuesday, pushing us back into second. Luckily though we've got three games before Plymouth next play and two before Ipswich, meaning we can go up to 7 and 9 points clear respectively. Next game is against Forest Green so that is an almost guaranteed 3 points, and Cheltenham shouldn't be too difficult either.
You've definitely jinxed it now

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Been a great few weeks, Liverpool didn't play last weekend because we've been knocked out the cup (then watched Brighton get nice draws each round) and now an international break.

The sooner the season ends the better.

Was a great result, but still have my reservations about Southgate. We were cruising in the first half and in the second we seemed to take our foot off the gas! Which has become a common theme under southgate. I would have liked to have seen someone new take them into the Euros.

Annoyingly Sheff Wed's unbeaten run finally came to an end on Tuesday, pushing us back into second. Luckily though we've got three games before Plymouth next play and two before Ipswich, meaning we can go up to 7 and 9 points clear respectively. Next game is against Forest Green so that is an almost guaranteed 3 points, and Cheltenham shouldn't be too difficult either.

This comment about Forest Green, as well as the separate post about the game being a "walk in the park" really stuck with me.

I'm very pleased that they beat you today after seeing this lack of respect being shown towards fellow League One clubs.

I hate this "we're bigger than you" entitled mentality that a lot of supporters of traditionally bigger clubs have when their sides are playing in League One and League Two.

This comment about Forest Green, as well as the separate post about the game being a "walk in the park" really stuck with me.

I'm very pleased that they beat you today after seeing this lack of respect being shown towards fellow League One clubs.

I hate this "we're bigger than you" entitled mentality that a lot of supporters of traditionally bigger clubs have when their sides are playing in League One and League Two.
I don't have that mentality thank you very much, FGR are the worst team in Ieague 1 and hadn't won since December last year. We beat them 5-0 in the reverse fixture so it was only natural to expect that to be the case again. Keep your thoughts to yourself please. We're without two of our best players which hasn't helped.

We really need to win against Cheltenham on Wednesday now, otherwise we'll really be playing with fire.

Last edited:
Hang on, if FGR are the worst team in league 1...
I know, no need to rub it in. That's me in a crap mood for the next few days and I don't care if anyone thinks that's stupid. If you think "it's just football" then you don't know what it's like.

Well at least your next game at Cheltenham "shouldn't be too difficult either". 🤣

See you in League One next season.

I know, no need to rub it in. That's me in a crap mood for the next few days and I don't care if anyone thinks that's stupid. If you think "it's just football" then you don't know what it's like.

Feels like the wheels have come off at the moment, same for a few teams up the top. Hopefully the late draw pushes Wednesday on now as its still in their hands

Feels like the wheels have come off at the moment, same for a few teams up the top. Hopefully the late draw pushes Wednesday on now as its still in their hands

I echo this point massively. The amount of teams in there that are dropping points after great runs is crazy. Wednesday, Bolton and Derby (though not too fussed about them, they can rot there for all I care) have all struggled recently.

I saw some interesting comments from Rotherham fans re. Derby and Paul Warne, in that this often happens around this time of the season. He seems to run players into the ground then have this last third of the season dip and they're scrabbling for results. Plus he lacks the ability to make subs that change games and has no back up plans. Long may it continue, as they're an awful club and their fans all season have been horrifically arrogant about "being too big" for that league.

It's an incredibly entertaining league though, I love following it. I went to watch Exeter vs Accrington Stanley as part of my 92 quest on Saturday and it was an excellent match.

Love this

Haha, perhaps it's my Forest head on, but I genuinely believe they shouldn't exist anymore. Aside from being our most hated rivals, the amount of stuff they got away with in their quest for promotion is insane, and they live in a blinkered world. Imagine any one of us not paying HMRC what we owed. We'd be homeless and probably banged up.

Im a red too, but i just think they should be glad there still around and having a good season when you consider they didnt have a team 2 weeks before it started

Its amazing how MM has disappeared too