• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Pathetic. But don't worry, football will soon do the same. Six points up for grabs in the 39th game, streamed live from the highest bidding country 4000 miles away.

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. It makes a mockery of the series and its rich history. F1 is supposed to be the top level of motorsport and should be above such gimmicks. The idea that a driver could have a 49 point lead in the championship and lose it in the last race due to a DNF just doesn't seem fair.

Another interesting thing is that drivers will be allowed to choose their own numbers from 2 to 99, with number 1 being reserved for the world champion should they choose to take it. If more than one driver wants the same number, then whoever finished higher in the previous season's championship will get the number, and other drivers will have to choose again. Initially, I wasn't too keen on this proposal, but I then thought about it a bit. MotoGP and NASCAR have used this for years, and it's worked, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work in Formula 1, provided it's managed correctly.

It's just been announced that Sergio Pérez is moving to Force India for 2014, where he will partner Nico Hülkenberg.

Jonathan said:
It's just been announced that Sergio Pérez is moving to Force India for 2014, where he will partner Nico Hülkenberg.
Where's di resta going ??

josht said:
Jonathan said:
I hate to say it, but I think he's on his way out of the sport. Such a shame, as he's been a good driver, and he was just unlucky in the second half of 2013.

Jonathan said:
josht said:
Jonathan said:
I hate to say it, but I think he's on his way out of the sport. Such a shame, as he's been a good driver, and he was just unlucky in the second half of 2013.
Now that is a shame, with a good team behind him he would have gone far within the sport

Can't stand di resta! Glad he's leaving the sport, back to the Crouts no doubt. DTM's not too shabby either though.

At least we won't be seeing any less union jacks in the line-up without him.

Yeah, I'm really not sad to see the back of Di Resta - he was utterly woeful for most of this season, as opposed to being mediocre for the majority of the last 2.
Thrilled to have Hulkenberg back on side, though I'd agree he does deserve a better team, and as for Perez... I'll have to wait and see, but I think Sutil would have been the safer bet, and he's had a lot more experience for Force India than anyone else...

It doesn't sound good at all. Really hoping he manages to pull through.

When things like this happen, I am always struck by people feeling the need to start well wishes with "I was never a huge fan, but..."

I know no one here has said it, but it comes across as people saying "I don't like him, but look at me, aren't I a good human being by STILL wishing him well."

Either that or it's just typical bandwagonism.

I wonder what level of acquired brain injury he will have. There ars thounds of people that end up with ABI every year. However how many people can you name that have ABI, one? Richard Hammond?

Michael may be a famous driver, but at the end of the day he has the same fight as any ABI person.

delta79 said:
I wonder what level of acquired brain injury he will have. There ars thounds of people that end up with ABI every year. However how many people can you name that have ABI, one? Richard Hammond?

Michael may be a famous driver, but at the end of the day he has the same fight as any ABI person.

...Which should hopefully bring the plight many people suffer to the forefront once more.