• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Or an attempt to get in the German's good books before his bribery case?

Ecclestone is a very interesting character, and it is certainly going to be interesting to see what happens to F1 when he steps down.

Ian

IanB said:
Or an attempt to get in the German's good books before his bribery case?

Ecclestone is a very interesting character, and it is certainly going to be interesting to see what happens to F1 when he steps down.

Ian

I guess it's going to get pretty interesting then now that he has stepped down, as confirmed in the past hour! :p

Jonathan said:
EDIT: And the BBC have apparently dropped Gary Anderson from their coverage. Bit bizarre, in my opinion, as I enjoyed his input.
I didn't, but I'd still be happier if they dropped Ben Edwards. He annoys me a lot.

I am losing interest in F1, to many gimmicks.

KERS I am fine with, and think is a great idea. Can be used anywhere, at any time, and all drives have the same limit.

I dislike DRS, its just makes life of the drivers in fast cars easier when they make a mistake or mess up in qualifying. Yes, it does lead to more overtaking, but its not a real overtake, it's artificial. It is similar to the Goal getting bigger for the losing team in a football match so its easier for them to score.

And now we have double points for the last race of the season. I really don't get this. Why is one race worth more points than others? Okay, its the last race, but that does not make it any special. It is another rule, that will favour the big teams, as they can spend more money, building a car that will work better for this one track. Special aero parts for one race. Its just stupid. If you want to have bonus points, why not give them out for pole position, or fastest lap.

</End Rant>

Ian

I'm very disappointed that the double points rule for the final race is staying, especially given the overwhelmingly negative reaction from so many people across the globe. Giving bonus points for pole or fastest lap would be a better idea, and it's one I'm slightly more positive about. I'm looking forward to the results of the pole position trophy this season, although I suspect that Vettel may well win it.

In more positive news, I'm really pleased that Kamui Kobayashi is returning to F1, even if it is with Caterham. He'll be partnered with Marcus Ericsson of Sweden, and the driver line-up for 2014 is complete.

For those disillusioned with F1, there is always the World Rally Championship - or if circuit racing is your thing, the British Touring Car Championship :D

What does everyone think about the new cars then?

Personally I have vomited better looking things than the Ferrari, although the Merc & RB look pretty nice I have to say.

Christian Horner's statement was pretty interesting, stating that he woudlnt be surpirsed if only half the grid completed the first race in Australia. Does this hint that RB may well be struggling with reliability, again. I know its too early to really tell, although this testing at Jerez could prove extremely valuable regarding reliability. Lotus, why on earth would you opt out? Unless the car just generally isn't ready. Poor show either way.

Tom said:
BTCC wins for me. The engines are louder for a start.

And BIGGER! :eek:

Do you think there is enough interest to start a BTCC Thread? Honestly prefer this to F1, I follow it religiously.

The McLaren is spoiled by the nose, I like the Mercedes and RB, don't mind the Ferrari.

This year can only be better than the last.

smudge said:
What does everyone think about the new cars then?

Personally I have vomited better looking things than the Ferrari, although the Merc & RB look pretty nice I have to say.

Christian Horner's statement was pretty interesting, stating that he woudlnt be surpirsed if only half the grid completed the first race in Australia. Does this hint that RB may well be struggling with reliability, again. I know its too early to really tell, although this testing at Jerez could prove extremely valuable regarding reliability. Lotus, why on earth would you opt out? Unless the car just generally isn't ready. Poor show either way.

Tom said:
BTCC wins for me. The engines are louder for a start.

And BIGGER! :eek:

Do you think there is enough interest to start a BTCC Thread? Honestly prefer this to F1, I follow it religiously.

Yes, start it ;)

To be honest it's better than having it for just one race. I'd prefer it for none, but more than one is preferable to one.

1000 points if you finish 11th in a random race within the season bloody stupid just have normal points