• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Re: Forumla One

Anyone but that massive grade one penis that is Alonso.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

British Grand Prix this weekend, and the first race I'll be able to watch live this season. :D

I'll be at Silverstone camping for the full weekend, my first ever Formula One race. I am looking forward to seeing my boyhood idol Michael Schumacher on track for the first and (possibly last) time.

Meanwhile, did anyone see the plans for the London street race? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -race.html

And can someone please correct the title of the topic! :-X

Re: Formule 1

Joelio said:
Where is the next GP?

Jul 8

British Grand Prix

Jul 22
German Grand Prix

Hamilton to win on home turf and Vettel on German soil.

Tom said:
I'll be at Silverstone camping for the full weekend, my first ever Formula One race. I am looking forward to seeing my boyhood idol Michael Schumacher on track for the first and (possibly last) time.

Meanwhile, did anyone see the plans for the London street race? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -race.html

And can someone please correct the title of the topic! :-X

Looks incredible - I hope that does happen one day. Especially good now that Bernie has raised the possibility of funding the entire thing himself!

Another street race? No thanks. Proper race tracks with proper overtaking opportunities and run off areas. We've already got Monaco, Singapore, that snooze-fest in Valencia and probably ore that I've forgotten about, isn't that enough?

Blaze said:
Another street race? No thanks. Proper race tracks with proper overtaking opportunities and run off areas. We've already got Monaco, Singapore, that snooze-fest in Valencia and probably ore that I've forgotten about, isn't that enough?

Get ride of Monaco and do this then! The race would be worth it just for the sights and landmarks that it would pass - it would look amazing. Singapore the same because it's all at night. Monaco is just awful, they only do it there due to sentimentality and tradition, that should be taken off the calendar as soon as possible.

The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

Get ride of Monaco and do this then! The race would be worth it just for the sights and landmarks that it would pass - it would look amazing. Singapore the same because it's all at night. Monaco is just awful, they only do it there due to sentimentality and tradition, that should be taken off the calendar as soon as possible.

You can't get rid of the Monaco Grand Prix! It is one of the races that everyone looks forward to each season. It is such a great event which is fantastic to watch. Sure there may not be loads of overtaking but it is still up there as one of the best races. It's quite something seeing them drive around the streets of Monaco, the skill involved is incredible.

:)

Agreed. Monaco is seen by many as Formula 1's crown jewel, and without it, Formula 1 would miss out hugely. :)

It's one of the biggest money spinners, that's why its place is so secure. It's just the rich man's weekend, the beacon of everything that's wrong with Formula One.

Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

You can't get rid of the Monaco Grand Prix! It is one of the races that everyone looks forward to each season. It is such a great event which is fantastic to watch. Sure there may not be loads of overtaking but it is still up there as one of the best races. It's quite something seeing them drive around the streets of Monaco, the skill involved is incredible.

As far as I know, no one looks forward to it. It's little more than a procession, the points may as well be decided by qualifying as the only way you can possibly get past someone is if they crash out, or the undercut.

For me it's a different kind of race than normal tracks there no escape if you go off the track it shows the best drivers

The Psychoaster said:
Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

As far as I know, no one looks forward to it. It's little more than a procession, the points may as well be decided by qualifying as the only way you can possibly get past someone is if they crash out, or the undercut.

No one looks forward to it? The vast majority of the drivers look forward to it due to the challenge it gives them. Winning in Monaco is often seen as the win all the drivers want after winning their home race. Many of the fans look forward to it as do the media, I would say it is one of the most eagerly anticipated races of the season.

Forumla One

I think the London gp will happen purely because of the income it will generate. Even 'non-f1' fans will get exited by this surely.

Tbh I don't think it will be a particularly great track, as like Monaco it is too hard to overtake meaning faster cars are stuck behind. This isn't racing IMO.

There is a great video on www.lgp2012.com

If it wasn't for the money it brings, I would ideally get rid of Monaco & Valencia. (and London if it goes ahead) don't mind shanghai for some reason, at least there is opportunity to pass.

I much prefer 'normal tracks'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valencia is kinda being removed from the calendar, but not completely, as it will be sharing the Spanish Grand Prix with Barcelona from 2013, with Barcelona hosting it next year and Valencia in 2014.

Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Rob said:
The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

No one looks forward to it? The vast majority of the drivers look forward to it due to the challenge it gives them. Winning in Monaco is often seen as the win all the drivers want after winning their home race. Many of the fans look forward to it as do the media, I would say it is one of the most eagerly anticipated races of the season.

Why is it eagerly anticipated though? I thought people wanted to see exciting overtaking - not a race where the starting positions are nearly always the finishing positions. All poll drivers have to do in Monaco is not crash, there is no way anyone else will be able to overtake them because there is simply no room to do so. Qualifying it the main feature of Monaco, and that is not the way a race weekend should be.

Whilst the drivers might look forward to it, racing is about entertainment not tradition - Monaco is just a dire, boring circuit. That's just a fact - any street circuit suffers from it.

Formula One is not necessarily just about overtaking - it's about race strategy, and in my view, Monaco is probably the one race where race strategy is most important out of all the other races in the season.