• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

With the stupid double point rule, you can rest assured that things aren't over. The question is will Hamilton and his fans be happy that he has won the title by "cheating" it via double points?

Haha, I see your point. Although every driver has the same opportunity at least with the double points. Not every driver got hit at the end of sector 1 of spa causing a puncture or got yellow flagged on the final hot lap of Monaco (by someone els' mistake.)

F1 is IF backwards.

All the teams and drivers agreed to the rules before the start of the season.

I think Rosberg is starting to get a reputation similar to Schumacher. In 95 when he hit Hill, many said it was on purpose but he got away with it but in 97 when it was a lot less disputable he got heavily punished. At Monaco, if it had been any other driver but Schumacher, they would of probably got the benefit of the doubt. The next time Rosberg and Lewis have an incident, it is instantly going to be Rosberg who gets the blame.

Unless you are inside Rosberg's head, no one is going to what he was thinking. It does sound like the events at Spa was a case of I am along side you and I am not moving off the track for you, even though I should. If this is the case, even if it was not intentional to cause an incident, and Rosberg hoped Lewis would leave him room, it is still Rosberg's fault, he was the car attempting to overtake, he has admitted that, and he should therefore get punished for causing an avoidable accident.

Ian

It will be interesting to see if the team actually do anything against Rosberg. Or if the FIA will look into it.

If that had been any other two drivers then I would say it was a racing incident but Rosberg seems to want to win at all costs.
I don't think he is as good a wheel to wheel racing as Hamilton is and he knows it.

I would think the team will give team orders of whoever makes it to the first corner in front stays there until the first few laps are out if the way.

The interview with Hamilton after the race was very good. He was very open and honest about the incident and how he felt about it. But the interviews with Nikki and Toto were interesting they look seriously pissed. Which is understandable.

If Rosberg has a slow pitstop on the next race I would not be surprised.

Oh right, I had not seen that.

The problem the team have, as I see it, they have to do something to Rosberg to stop a tit for tat war happening.

Any incident between those two will be viewed as intentional and "cheating"

In news away from the track, Michael Schumacher is returning home to continue his recovery from his skiing accident last winter. Delighted to hear this news! :D

After todays race, I hope that Jules Bianchi makes a full recovery. It sounds like a horrible accident, and something that will cause this race to be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Ian

There are pictures on twitter, which show his car next to the crane, hope he makes a full recovery, thoughts with Sutil especially as he witnessed it, and to all those affected by this.

Initial signs are that Bianchi is out of surgery and breathing on his own in the ICU. He's not out of the woods yet, but initial signs are positive.

In more bad news, however, Andrea de Cesaris has died. de Cesaris had the dubious honour of having driven in the most Formula 1 GPs (208) without having won any. The 55-year-old was killed in a motorbike accident in Rome yesterday.

Amateur vid of the Bianchi crash, obviously doesn't make pleasant viewing but gives an idea of how it occurred and how he ended up in such a bad way...

http://mirror.ninja/sc60

The speed he hits that crane with is shocking, to move something that big and heavy really shows the extreme forces involved. Hoping to hear some good news on his condition sometime soon.

The fact he did not die instantly shows how far safety has come in F1. Its also amazing how none of the marshals on the ground got hit.

For the recovery vehicle to be lifted in to the air that much, show how much energy was involved in the crash.

We can only hope that Bianchi makes a full recovery from this.

Ian

I'm amazed that Bianchi is alive. I know the main body of the cars are designed and tested at these speeds, but christ, it's a horrible crash.

Hope he make a full recovery. I think Charlie Whiting might be a bit nervous...

That crash was horrible to watch.

But yep I agree, does show how far the safety has come along, especially compared with the 1970s and before for example, when it was more common than not that at least 1 driver would have a fatal crash every year.

Yep so much technology goes in to protecting the driver but there will always be freak accidents like this happen. From the look of it it was a glancing blow rather than straight in to the back. Hopefully he will be ok but I think it will be a while before he races again.

There's been quite a few close calls, even in the last few years. People say F1 is safe these days, but the driver's head remains exposed. Schumacher and Alonso could have both been killed in the past four years if cars that landed on top of theirs were just a foot or two to the left/right.

It's also worth stating that Jules' injury is extremely severe, it's possibe he may not survive - let alone race again. I wish him well and I hope he does live to race again one day, but the reports indicate that he is severely injured.

Meanwhile, this story regarding Michael was pleasing. Note how it's based on the account of someone that has actually seen him, not a speculative medic quoted by the papers: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...fe-within-a-short-period-of-time-9780093.html