• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

It was ok, nice share of incidents.

The Indy500 lasted 150 laps with no yellows and NASCAR lasted 100 without a caution, so less incidents there :p

Wow - what a fantastic end to the race! Congratulations to Daniel Ricciardo for winning his first GP!

Gutted for Lewis, without the problems I'm sure he would have won. Had his fair share of bad luck this season unlike Mr Rosberg. Really pleased to see Ricciardo pick up his first win though, well deserved!

:)

A hugely important win for Lewis today! I think he'd have won it even if Rosberg hadn't retired, his pace was immense. Really opens up the championship again now.

Bernie Ecclestone has apparently confirmed that the Mexican Grand Prix will be making a return next year, and the race is scheduled to happen at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico City. I'm looking forward to it, and what with Esteban Gutiérrez and Sergio Pérez driving in F1 now, it should be quite popular.

The proposed Azerbaijan GP in Baku, in my opinion, shouldn't be happening. I just don't think there's a big enough market in Azerbaijan for F1, and fear the race could go the same way as the Korean GP. I've also got some concerns about whether this race in New Jersey will ever happen. It was apparently due to happen last year, but it's been pushed back to 2015 due to contractual issues with the promoters, and I've got this funny feeling that the same thing will keep on happening.

Interesting race in Hungary and very well done to Riccardo, he is showing to be a great racer and really one to look out for.
I thought Lewis did a fab drive, getting up to the podium from the back again which is something I love seeing him do. He may have had a more powerful car than a lot of the pack which will have helped him but , Hungary isn't really a power circuit unlike tracks like Silverstone so we got to see that great racing skill of his.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed with Rosberg and Vettel, while they are great drivers I feel like when not in pole and when having to race further down the pack with all the cars they don't really seem quite as impressive.

But hey, that's just my musings following the race. :)

Last edited:
Personally I dislike Hamilton so am really rooting for rosberg to win. However I did find his response to the pit when he was ordered to let nico pass "I'm not slowing down so tell him to catch up" brilliant! I think if there hadn't have been so many safety cars out there rosberg would've won as well. Shame to see so many crash out in all honesty. Hoping for a more competitive end to the season even if there's only 2 in the race for the championship.

Bernie Ecclestone's apparently paying something like £60m to clear his name in this bribery trial in Munich.

I don't know about you, but that seems rather ironic to me, and suggests that Bernie is indeed guilty. I'd love it if the court ended up calling his bluff and found him guilty through this action, but I very much doubt it. I've also never heard of anything like this happening anywhere else in the world before...

Work is set to begin on bringing a new pit and paddock complex to Interlagos for next year's Brazilian GP. Originally, the plan was to build a new complex on the straight between Turns 3 and 4, but what's going to happen instead is that after this year's race, the current pit buildings will be demolished, and new ones will be built in their place. I'm glad they're doing this, as having the Senna S starting the lap is so iconic to the track, and having it at the end wouldn't really work, IMO.

So after today Nico Rosberg has proven that he's an utter idiot. I actually used to quite like Rosberg but I'm slowly starting to strongly dislike him. Saying he could have avoided the collision but didn't to prove a point; he deserved the boos he got on the podium. There should be implications but there won't be.

German driver, German team, it was always going to happen. I've always thought highly of Lewis since his rookie season; his attitude and driving style is exactly what the sport needed, not another silver spoon fed bi-product of his family. Bloody hate that German, it even makes Sebastian look like a 'nice guy!'

The relentless attitude of accusing all non-British drivers of cheating that persists among British fans is extremely tedious. We've had it for years with Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel and now Rosberg. You can add all the conspiracy theories to the list. Hamilton's constant dummy spitting and immaturity seems to be the green light for the fans to act in the same way.

Yesterday was what you call a racing incident, you have to accept that in racing contact does inadvertently occur. There doesn't have to be malice behind every coming together - need I remind you that if you were intentionally ramming into someone you are virtually committing yourself to going out of the race as well.

If it was just the one incident yesterday I would agree, however with all of the events this year (quali at Monaco for example) it does seem Rosberg is deploying underhanded tactics to win the championship over his team mate.

All of the racing drivers spit their dummy out, and Rosberg is certainly one of the worst if anything, 'waaa, why won't he let me past, waaa waaa'

Even toto didn't agree that it was 'just a racing incident' & I would very much imagine he knows more about the sport than us.

Roseberg wasn't committing himself to going out of the race either, he is only racing Hamilton. If Hamilton is out, any points scoring position is a win for him.

I don't think the fans are spitting their dummy out either, I guess people are just upset & disappointed for him, which is only a natural reaction to loosing in this way. That's what makes you a fan I guess. Win & loose together.

The thing is, whenever those two race fairly without incident, Hamilton always comes out on top thus the need for underhanded techniques. IMHO anyway.

You have no evidence for malice on Rosberg's part - and Hamilton's conjectured quoting of him saying he did it on purpose doesn't count. Like many other people you are just assuming malice. You can see malice in virtually anything in life if you want to. When you choose to crash into someone, there is a very high risk of your car being out of the race (IE being unable to finish), no one in the right mind would do it.

Wolf was unhappy because the cars collided - a team never wants to see that, so he would have been angry that they were that close in the first place. No one apart from the fans have actually accused Rosberg of malice, with the exception of Hamilton's questionable quoting of him.

Yet the team have said that Hamilton's quotes of how the meeting went are 'broadly accurate'. So there is most definitely something to it.

Also it wasn't just the British fans that weren't happy. I'm sure there were a good number of Brits at Spa but there were a lot of boos for Rosberg on the podium and some very European sounding chants of 'Hamilton".

No evidence is needed as it's an opinion... No one apart from nico knows the truth.

He wasn't ever going to get past him in that corner so even if there was no malice, he made a driving error and made the wrong decision. It is unfortunate that Hamilton is on the receiving end that is all.

My original point was not solely about yesterday's collision, which is indeed questionable.

Its certainly an interesting scenario, and is going to make the final 7 races more interesting. Hopefully they will both take each out a couple more time, allowing Ricardo to steal the Championship for himself. Would be great if he was 49 points behind at the last race, and Rosberg and Hamilton take each other out, and Ricardo wins the race :)

Ian