• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

BWT are going to be sponsoring Alpine this season, so expect to see some pink on the Alpine.

That is a Mercedes engine as well, so hopefully its just a bad recording or running in some sort of low power mode. It sounds fine in the first video exiting the pits and sounds fine when close. Its not the new tyres making that noise is it?

I'd put a bet on it relating to one of the engine modes rather than the tires; it'll be interesting to see if any of the other cars sound like that in Barcelona.

Also, quite liking the McLaren livery (not the actual car, however)

FLWBd3lXsAMIcUb

I'd put a bet on it relating to one of the engine modes rather than the tires; it'll be interesting to see if any of the other cars sound like that in Barcelona.

Also, quite liking the McLaren livery (not the actual car, however)

FLWBd3lXsAMIcUb

Gulf colours, near enough! That's a great livery even if there's no link up.

Not really a fan of the McLaren car, just looks a little off to me. The lines are a little to wobbly if that makes sense :) Does the McLaren still have the Red inside rear wing?

Really like this, like the little nod to the Italian flag on the inside of the front wings and top of the mirrors.

F1 has announced some stuff today, but not what everyone wants to hear about. At least there will be no repeat of the Spa mess in the future, with a race requiring at least two laps to be completed without the safety car or VSC.

Sprint races are sadly coming back with the only change being more points up for grabs. If the results of the sprint races did not affect qualifying I would be fine with them but it just feels a bit like why take the risk for an extra point or two when a mistake will start you at the back of the grid. At least pole position stat is now for the fastest lap in qualifying, not the winner of the sprint race.

Details Here

Quite like the look of Williams' car this year! Onwards and upwards for Albon hopefully.

That Willams certainly looks quite a bit different to the other cars we have seen so far, very nice!

Quite like the Alpha Tauri to be honest. It's a bit corporate but it looks clean and slick, though I would have liked white rims to stay.

Netflix have confirmed Drive to Survive S4 will be airing on 11th March, inevitably with one hell of a driven narrative.

I thought the Williams car looked more like the FIA concept car (Assumed it was a livery release until they were sending it round Silverstone)

I like the look of the McLaren car. A lot of people are moaning about it on Reddit because they assumed it was going to be the gulf livery (despite McLaren saying it wasnt going to be)

Will be interesting to see how they all go with some quite noticeable differences between some cars

Looking forward to the Netflix series, although always take it with a pinch of salt. One of the Netflix directors said something like we do entertainment and not journalism. That being said, it is fantastic entertainment.

Will be interesting to see what angle/side they take for the final race, they cant skip it, can they?

Looking forward to the other things they pick up one, always interesting to see what they focus on.

Only issue with Drive to Survive is that Max isn't participating so there will be no interviews or anything from him. Would have been good to have both sides of the story for the final race

New Ferrari looks great, really aggressive look to it with the mixture of red and black. All the cars look slightly different as well. Those side pods on the Ferrari look really deep as well.

Six days until the cars are out on track, but 21 days until we can see them on track.

It's just been confirmed that Michael Masi will no longer be F1 Race Director, but will have another role within the FIA. Replacing him will be Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich on an alternating basis, and Herbie Blash will return in the role of Permanent Senior Advisor.

Its a shame we will never see the report, but I would like to assume it was the pressure and lack of support structures in place which lead to the chaos at the end, and not Masi deliberately setting out to manipulate the results. Hopefully some of the actions address the issue, but I do worry it will slow things down or make it more inconsistent.

Not sure how the Virtual race room are going to help, is the idea the race director now refers things to them, who then make a decision on whether to refer it to the stewards? Does that not mean this decisions are going to take even longer to be sorted out now? The problem with F1 is they can not stop the race, and draw lines on the track to see if the car was over the limits or pushing the other car off track.

Getting Herbie Blash in as a Senior Advisor is going to be good, he as a lot of experience, but why not get a Deputy Race Director as well? Going to be weird having alternating Race Directors as well, I can see this causing more differences of how things are implemented than keeping it more consistent?

Not sure Ferrari will be to happy with the timing of this press release, stealing all the thunder from their new car.

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-presid...ens-way-new-step-forward-formula-1-refereeing

if VAR in football has taught us anything, it's that it doesn't work.

Good to see the team principals cant speak directly now, I think thats something that needed addressing, and something Zak Brown was pushing for.

I just hope we aren't going to have a ton of after race events which change standings.

This was the only outcome I could see happening as his position had become untenable. The right decision in my view.

I am pleased that team principles won't be able to speak directly to the race director now too. We only hear selected radio messages during a race, so on top of Horner and Wolff you'll have all the other teams in the director's ear trying to influence decisions.