• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

The Mercedes is not as good as some of the other cars. The engine cover just looks a mess. Those renderings do make it look better than the real car revealed earlier as well but at least we got to see the real car which was great to see at a wet Silverstone.

In other news, the rules for the safety car returning to the pits has been changed for the upcoming season, with it no longer been required for all the lapped cars to overtake, or to wait for an extra lap after they overtake the leader before the safety car returns to the pits, allowing races to get back underway sooner.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...amline-f1-safety-car-restart-process/8289645/

So we may see more last lap drama if there is a safety car near the end of the race.

Boot Masi out for not following the procedures to the letter

Alter the procedures to define exactly what Masi did as acceptable

The FIA really is a joke of an organisation isn't it?

Testing has been interesting today

whilst it’s no really indication of engine mode fuel load etc - the field does seem fairly level

Testing has been interesting today

whilst it’s no really indication of engine mode fuel load etc - the field does seem fairly level
Yeah, I think the lack of any engine reliability issues is a sure sign that none of them have been turned up yet.

You really couldn't write it for Haas could you? Not having the best of tests overall, and now in yet another sponsorship worry. Guenther has confirmed they will be having talks with Uralkali in the coming days, whilst the livery and all mention of the sponsor has been removed.

Russian GP also cancelled following a unanimous decision from the FIA and all the teams.

Looks like we won't be seeing Mazepin on the grid again in the coming season, which is no bad thing.

There is no funding crisis. Gene Haas has the capital to bankroll the team if he wants to, and if he'd prefer to exit there is a highly motivated American buyer ready.

My money's on Hulk or Piastri, with Herta bought in as soon as they are able to.

The car looks 10x better without the Russian flag draped over it.

Well we can all relive the last race by shouting "No Michael Noooo!"

I played the 1999 version by EA last year and still enjoy it. Hopefully an option to build a new team will be there like the official games.

F1, F2 & F3 licences according to the last shot.

Frontier (Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Jurassic world, etc..) can't wait to waste 4 hours building paths along the paddocks :tonguewink:

Looks cool hope the license allows to swap sponsors, drivers, engines brakes, etc... all for better immersion.

Last edited:
Kevin Magnussen is back with Haas replacing Mazepin. Wasn't expecting that!

I think it's probably the right call. It'll be beneficial for Mick to have someone a bit more experienced alongside him.

So Mercedes have basically brought a new car to this test:

Why have undercut sidepods when you don't need them at all! Certainly an interesting design, let's see if it is fast. I've seen that Horner is already moaning that it's not legal, what a surprise.

In other news, the new new Haas livery:

I miss the days when it was just about the racing. Some of the comments about Lewis missing the GDPA Ukraine photo yesterday just make me sad. But I guess since we have two teams (And hopefully more) we are going to get more of these discussions taking place.

The Horner comments appear of have been off-the record comments, which have been reported, and RedBull have struggled to control the narrative. I suspect all the teams are in the process of working out what is legal, and what is not, and asking for clarification from the FIA.

I am not sure what the new stewards have let themselves in for, I hope we don't see lots of protests going in for this and that, but there is no other way to manage it.

The 80% rule for rule changes makes the politics of the sport very interesting now, I would assume Mercedes and Ferrari have enough teams who they supply engines to, to block a vote passing, but RedBull and Apline would struggle to block a rule change they were against.

I like how all the cars look different to each other, A week tomorrow we find out how fast they all really are and I can not wait :)

Reactions: Rob
I like how all the cars look different to each other, A week tomorrow we find out how fast they all really are and I can not wait :)
Yes, this is the big postive for me! I think there was a real risk of most of the cars looking very similar when in fact we have so many different concepts. It will be interesting to see which ones work and which ones don't. Very much looking forward to the first race!

Interesting mirror mounts, looks like the Mercedes has a front wing, rear wing, and now side wings! :tearsofjoy: