• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Imagine being paid $40M to trundle around a track, I'd do it ;) I feel for Lewis, it must have been a wrench to drag himself back after that season's end and he's come back in a dog a of a car. I believe in his and Mercedes ability to bring a winning car before the seasons end, they have shown they can do it time again.

Gutted for Leclerc this weekend but he's got to take races like that as damage limitation, especially with Sainz already out. An interesting battle for Ferrari vs Red bull is playing out but Sainz is having a Perez season.

Sprint races cheapen the weekend and the sooner they are dropped the better for me.

It was a great race by Verstappen and Perez, I get VIBES of Barrichello/Massa and Schumacher as Perez is already happy to do the donkey work for RB.

The Merc's not a championship winning car but it's not out-in-Q1 slow (although as we know it has been out in Q1)- it has potential to be in the zone McLaren and Ferrari were in last year comfortably. Lets see where development takes it.

That said, the fact they've not simply reverted to something resembling their Barcelona sidepod designs is telling. If they were simply decoy parts because Merc were so confident in their eventual package that they basically passed up on their first opportunity to test it then the team should really be taking a look at themselves.

That’s an old photo, but I really like the layout. The blue is refreshing I think. The fake marina is a bit of fun, and if Europa Park can charge €760 Euros for a day in a boat, why can’t F1. 😀

405shyr63jx81.jpg

As I said, looks a lot better now its finished. Looking forward to seeing cars on the track tomorrow.

The Rulantica (Europa Park) boat below, I was not even aware this was a thing until earlier this week <link>.
rulantica_vipyacht_mitpaar.jpg

Personally, I'm not sold on it. The 'water' looks like a video game texture from the early 00s:

1651777875578.png

Although I had to laugh at Craig Slater going for a "swim" in it:

I guess Miami were always going to do something brash and tasteless for their first F1 race!

Would have liked them to come up with their own original concept though, rather than trying to jump on the Monaco bandwagon and doing it so very badly!

I don't think the TV coverage of yesterdays race was that good, it felt like we missed bits and could of been better. We did not really see much of Lewis coming through the field, and the Camera angle for the Max and George battle felt poor. I did like the bit with the virtual rear mirror on Maxs in car camera.

It was a good race, with lots of action and excitement.

We saw a rare unforced mistake from Max, I cant remember that last one in a race.

Felt sorry for Lecler with his engine issues, and it just shows how quickly this season can turn. I think after three races I was saying this title is Leclerc's to lose, but RedBull have turned it around, and have a really fast race car.

Mercedes also appear to have solved their problems, another solid drive by George, and Drive of the day by Lewis to recover to 4th, only to finish 5th due to mechanical issues. George and Max battling it out was great to watch, and hopefully we are going to see more of it in the future.

All top three teams seem to be having challenges with reliability.

Like or dislike Team Orders, I think RedBull made the right call, and if Ferrari and Mercedes want to win the WDC, I think they need to follow, and pick a No.1 driver. An easy decision for RedBull and Ferrari to make, but much tougher for Mercedes. I would pick George as he is closer, but Lewis has been unlucky and on his day is still faster but 64 points behind compared to 36 for George is going to be tough to turn around.

Reactions: Rob
Merc had an issue with their cooling systems so here's hoping it isn't a huge issue.

I felt sorry for Lando though, having tonsillitis is rough enough in 40 degree heat, without having to rag a car around for 66 laps, so a P8 is pretty decent all things considered

Monaco weekend, one of my favourite of the year. Any mistake and it’s race over. And with a chance of rain on Sunday, it could make it really interesting.
1E918204-582D-4064-A3F1-37C972C6E1B8.jpeg
And my new collection of F1 caps arrived today, quality of them all is great, and Sebs hat is made from 100% recycled material but hopefully it will survive a bit better than last years Aston Martin cap.

Monaco weekend, one of my favourite of the year. Any mistake and it’s race over. And with a chance of rain on Sunday, it could make it really interesting.
1E918204-582D-4064-A3F1-37C972C6E1B8.jpeg
And my new collection of F1 caps arrived today, quality of them all is great, and Sebs hat is made from 100% recycled material but hopefully it will survive a bit better than last years Aston Martin cap.
Hope the Aston Martin cap is better than the car this year!

F1 makes football shirts look cheap. And the prices are even more expensive if you buy them at the circuits, because the circuit adds their cut to the price as well.

I like how most of them have the flags on, so tend to pick them based on that :)

When they get wet, or when your forehead gets sweaty, it does ruin them very quickly.

Certainly an example of how things can be shaken up at Monaco today. Perhaps they need to install trackside sprinklers for future races and just see what unfolds?

Quite a nerve-wracking last few laps given the tire scenarios; definitely wouldn't have gone Red Bull's way had we been able to complete every lap. Delighted for Checo though, particularly after last week.

For all its glitz and glamour it's always been a track that allows for almost no overtaking - DRS is basically an irrelevance at Monaco. I just had a feeling after Ferrari stuffed up Leclerc's tyre change that the top four positions weren't going to change. Even if all the laps had been completed I'm not sure how Sainz would have got past Perez on that track; he would have been relying to Checo to make a mistake.

Still the rain and all the tyre-changing antics made for an eventful race. I'm glad Mick Schumacher is OK, that could have been a really nasty crash. Never nice to see the car break into two pieces like that.

Certainly an example of how things can be shaken up at Monaco today. Perhaps they need to install trackside sprinklers for future races and just see what unfolds?

Quite a nerve-wracking last few laps given the tire scenarios; definitely wouldn't have gone Red Bull's way had we been able to complete every lap. Delighted for Checo though, particularly after last week.

If Checo had of one last week, which he probably would have of allowed, wouldn’t he be leading the championship now?

If Checo had of one last week, which he probably would have of allowed, wouldn’t he be leading the championship now?
I don't think he would have won in Spain. Max was faster and would have overtaken him. Red Bull just issued team orders to make sure they didn't take each other out racing each other. It made no difference to result imo.

I don't think he would have won in Spain. Max was faster and would have overtaken him. Red Bull just issued team orders to make sure they didn't take each other out racing each other. It made no difference to result imo.

There was a point early in the race where Checo was going back at Max and could have chased down Russell.

Either way he’s certainly on form atm, which may give Red Bull some issues if they have both drivers neck and neck at the top

Really is quite a shame for Leclerc; all the elements are stacking up against him out of his control at the moment. Sainz, Magnussen and Zhou also getting spited. A poor race for Ferrari across the board that the teams need to rectify quickly.

Plain sailing for both Verstappen and Perez this time round.