• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Looking at the BGP - trying to get somebody to have the kids Thurs-Sunday is the challenge.
You don't have to go on Friday, could arrive Friday evening, and leave Sunday evening. I wish the race was during the school holidays, but the amount of kids that are there on Thursday and Friday, suggests a lot miss a day or two of school. I also wished the F1 fanzone stayed open later after the race on Sunday. I get it needs packing up, but 3-4 hours would not make that much difference?

On positive news, Alex Albon has been released from hospital and returned to his home in Monaco. Fingers crossed he has enough time to recover before Singapore in two and a bit weeks.

Demand appears to be very high for Silverstone tickets, and they have paused further sales so they can resolve the issues. Lots of people complaining about it on Twitter. I don't think Silverstone help themselves by increasing the ticket prices. Some have increased by £10/20 since they went on sale, while others are now £150/180 more.

In case anyone was wondering what the initial cost of tickets, someone on one of the Camping Groups put this image together, please note the prices are out of date on it, and check the Silverstone web site for update prices.
1663257710990.png

Demand appears to be very high for Silverstone tickets, and they have paused further sales so they can resolve the issues. Lots of people complaining about it on Twitter. I don't think Silverstone help themselves by increasing the ticket prices. Some have increased by £10/20 since they went on sale, while others are now £150/180 more.

In case anyone was wondering what the initial cost of tickets, someone on one of the Camping Groups put this image together, please note the prices are out of date on it, and check the Silverstone web site for update prices.
1663257710990.png

That's cos Lewis is going to be back and dominate next year. The British fans are getting ahead as he will win the title that early....

Suspect it's more the DTS factor. Only in 21 I got tickets a month or so out. Last year and this it sells out faster than a one direction reunion concert.

To give Latifi his credit, in the last 5 years, ignoring Spa 2021, Latifi has Williams best finish of 7th place.

Its sad to see a driver leave, but he has had three years, and is sadly not quick enough. Will be interesting to see who replaces him.

I was happy to see Yuki have his seat confirmed for next season, continues to progress, and hopefully third season will see another step up from him.

To give Latifi his credit, in the last 5 years, ignoring Spa 2021, Latifi has Williams best finish of 7th place.

Its sad to see a driver leave, but he has had three years, and is sadly not quick enough. Will be interesting to see who replaces him.

I was happy to see Yuki have his seat confirmed for next season, continues to progress, and hopefully third season will see another step up from him.
We all know Yuki is there and remains there to keep Honda sweet in the light of their potential "return". It's a tough one. Has NL done enough - prob not. Depends if cash or points are more important. It's hard because I genuinely like the guy and would love to see him do alright. But it is what it is, this is a tough business.

We all know Yuki is there and remains there to keep Honda sweet in the light of their potential "return".
I have no doubt that is part of the reason he is there, but to say its the only reason does not give Yuki enough credit. He has matched Gasly at points this season (Who I feel has been underwhelming this season, compared to last), and continues to improve. Still a few to many silly mistakes (Silverstone for example), but he has improved a lot compared to last year.

RedBull have no shortage of Japanese drivers they could replace him with, I think Iwasa has been showing a lot of promise in F2, and if not for a DQ at Monza due to an issue with the floor planks, he would be 4th in the championship (I also wonder where Liam would be without his retirements). It will be interesting to see how Iwasa and Yuki get on next season, because with that Honda connection, Iwasa could be putting pressure on Yuki for his seat in 2024.

If I was RedBull and Alpha Tauri, I would be letting Gasly go to Alpine (I would be replacing Perez with him if I was the boss), and putting Liam in to Gasly seat. Can then compare Yuki in his third season against Liam, and if Liam outperforms, you can then swap Yuki with Iwasa. Liam will then be in his second season in 24, so should be better able to lead the team.

Six sprints confirmed for next season. Let's hope they have them on tracks where overtaking is possible, although it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to have one in Monaco!

I'm not a fan of all. You can have too much of a good thing, and sprint weekends mean that you have F1 to watch on a Friday (not ideal), Saturday and Sunday. Plus all it really does is allow the cars that qualified out of position to get higher up the gird for the Grand Prix, meaning a less exciting proper race.

I am not a fan of sprint races in their current format, but is having an extra race better than having another practice session?

There is so much I would change about sprint races from the risk/reward to the order of the weekend, but when I think about the above question, I would always enjoy watching a 30 minute race, more than a 60 minute practice session.