• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

It's a shame that Red Bull were the only team unable to stay within the budget cap, and exceeded it by £1.864m (1.6%). I don't think anyone ever expected the FIA to do much more than financial/research penalties so the punishment will come as no surprise.

Nothing will change what happened in 2021, but I think by now most F1 fans agree that Lewis won that title, even some RB fans I know accept it!

So as we all expected, Red Bull have exceed the Budget Cap limit, and have been punished with a $7m fine, and 10% reduction in wind tunnel time.

Full findings can be found here: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/rbr_public_summary_aba_-_article_6.32_1.pdf

This feels a fair punishment for a team which acted in good faith and was only £432,652 (0.37%) over the budget.

Let the disagreeing commence :)
Edit: not sure why 2. something million is being reported elsewhere. The official whitewash from the FIA does say 432,652.

Red Bull have said they won't speak to Sky until further notice due to Teds comments about Max.

I think its more they don't want more questions about the budget cap and are trying to steer the attention away from that.

Red Bull love throwing their toys out of the pram. Ted was only giving his own opinion and saying what many F1 fans feel, Lewis was robbed last year. It is convenient timing though isn't it, as they can avoid cost cap scrutiny by not giving interviews. Ted's opinion on the matter has been clear all season!

As for the race, it was a difficult watch. A shame that Mercedes got their strategy all wrong as they were showing good pace in the first stint.

Fastest car and fastest driver win race shock. This weekend peaked at Q2, which lifted expectations for what we thought was going to be a really close weekend, but turned out to be another dominant drive by Max.

I wish Perez had pitted for Softs with 22-23 laps to go. Might of helped him get second. I was a little disappointed with Perez, I thought he would of been able to get closer to Lewis, but every time he did, it was just not close enough. Even when he lost out in traffic, he did not really close the gap back that quickly.

Lewis was stuck really, he could not pit a second time as gap was to big to Max, so Max could of covered him off. And Russell was the same really. Mercedes tried something different, and sadly it did not work. Doing the same as RedBull would probably not of worked either, so they took a risk.

Ferrari were just off the pace.

Ignore the top 6 though, and the battles for 7-12 was really interesting, with plenty of close battles and overtaking.

I felt really sorry for Yuki, Daniel was impatient in trying to get past him, when he would of easily done it at T1 the next lap, but after that incident his soft tyres worked really well. I think a few of the other teams will be asking themselves why they did not stick with the medium tyres as long as McLaren did, and then go to Softs.

Big shout out to McLaren as well for the first sub 2 second pitstop.

As for the Red Bull boycott of Sky at Mexico, I saw a tweet which made me smile, which was along the lines of this being the first time Lewis and Max fines agree on something :)

The boycott is interesting from a PR perspective. RB fans will rejoice in them taking strong action. Others will think it just confirms what we already think about RB and Max and their attitude.

Teds now getting abuse on instagram too. DTS has really bought a new level of toxicity to the sport. It was never perfect but it was never this bad

I really cannot stand the sense of entitlement that Red Bull, Horner and Marko have. Ted is allowed to have an opinion, as is everyone else. Of course they don't like his opinion in this case, but that's just tough. It's not overly controversial when you look at the facts of what happened last year in Abu Dhabi.

Ted has become more sensationalist over this year though(I am sure he upset the Monza Organisers earlier this year suggesting they had oversold tickets when it was a bad ticket vendor causing the issue), and Sky have always been a little biased towards the British drivers. Just as you expect Sky Italia to be more biased towards Ferrari and similar with Ducth TV being more biased towards Max.

If you listen to what Max has said about it, the comments by Ted appear to be the straw that broke the camels back, and RedBull is sticking with their driver for this weekend, which is what you would expect any team to do. Christian will be back on Sky next week, and everyone can moan that he is moaning to much again :)

DTS has brought in more good fans to the sport than bad fans. Voicing different opinions is fine, but personal attacks are unacceptable, and social media need to do a better job at fixing this. I can see where Ted is coming from, Robbed is probably a stronger word than I would use to describe the outcome of last year, but I still like listening to him and enjoy what he does.

As I said in an earlier post, having hero's and villain's in sports makes it more interesting, it gives us something to talk about and discuss, and even when we are on different sides of the discussion, we are still friends.

Given the Costcappen scandal, as well as the obvious Masi-fix last season, I think it's relatively undeniable at this point that Hamilton is in effect an 8 time champion in all but official stats. Honestly doesn't surprise me that Ted has slipped up on that figure on a number of occasions now.

Given the Costcappen scandal, as well as the obvious Masi-fix last season, I think it's relatively undeniable at this point that Hamilton is in effect an 8 time champion in all but official stats. Honestly doesn't surprise me that Ted has slipped up on that figure on a number of occasions now.
By that same logic Felipé Massa is 2008 World Champion, not Hamilton; so you're back to 7 championships.

He isn't though, because that's not how it works.

You could also remove Schumacher's title for when he took out Hill intentionally for the championship.

As the saying goes 'Heavy is the head that wears the crown'. If you are winning and leading, you are going to be critiqued more by everyone. When Hamilton was winning everything, people critiqued him to no end, every corner, every lap. The same with Vettel, people hated him and said he was too aggressive for F1.

But now people are critiquing Verstappen, Red Bull are kicking off, yet if any other team had broken the cost cap or won last year via the same means, Horner would be demanding blood.