• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Apparently Lance Stroll may have broken wrists - if thats true I cant see him being in the car anytime soon

I know it's early days and I hope I am wrong, but looks like Red Bull are still a step ahead of everyone else.

What a great start to the season. It was a race that had a bit of everything. Do we have to wait two weeks before the next race?

It always the way, but RedBull are the team a step ahead of everyone else. The gap to the nearest RedBull was made bigger due to Leclerc retiring, but you just felt like RedBull could do what ever strategy they wanted and win the race.

Ferrari had another race to forget. I feel for Leclerc but at least the car broke from third place, and not the win. I don't understand why they did Soft, Hard, Hard. Just seemed odd after saving a set of soft tires from Qual. Maybe the Ferrari does just use up the tire a lot quicker than those around.

What a drive by Alonso, After nearly getting taken out by Stroll, it was a great recovery drive, and a well deserved podium for a fantastic pass on Lewis, and a solid overtake on Sainz. Credit to Stroll as well, sixth place after breaking your wrists deserves a lot of credit.

A race to forget for McLaren, who seemed to have several car issues. Same can be said for Haas.

I was really hoping Yuki would get a point, but at the same time really pleased for Albon to pick up a point. Solid mature drive from Yuki who made the car look better than many had been predicting at the start of the season.

Gasly has an awful qualy, but a fantastic race. Complete opposite of Ocon. Would love to see what Gasly can do if he starts in the top 10.

The gap between RedBull and everyone else might have increased, but the battle in the midfield could be really close.

What a great start to the season. It was a race that had a bit of everything. Do we have to wait two weeks before the next race?

It always the way, but RedBull are the team a step ahead of everyone else. The gap to the nearest RedBull was made bigger due to Leclerc retiring, but you just felt like RedBull could do what ever strategy they wanted and win the race.

Ferrari had another race to forget. I feel for Leclerc but at least the car broke from third place, and not the win. I don't understand why they did Soft, Hard, Hard. Just seemed odd after saving a set of soft tires from Qual. Maybe the Ferrari does just use up the tire a lot quicker than those around.

What a drive by Alonso, After nearly getting taken out by Stroll, it was a great recovery drive, and a well deserved podium for a fantastic pass on Lewis, and a solid overtake on Sainz. Credit to Stroll as well, sixth place after breaking your wrists deserves a lot of credit.

A race to forget for McLaren, who seemed to have several car issues. Same can be said for Haas.

I was really hoping Yuki would get a point, but at the same time really pleased for Albon to pick up a point. Solid mature drive from Yuki who made the car look better than many had been predicting at the start of the season.

Gasly has an awful qualy, but a fantastic race. Complete opposite of Ocon. Would love to see what Gasly can do if he starts in the top 10.

The gap between RedBull and everyone else might have increased, but the battle in the midfield could be really close.

Really? I thought it was incredibly dull.

RBR so far down the track they were clearly able to go in to engine preservation mode. Might as well give them both championships now so we can forgo the 'will they clinch it this race' stuff in the Summer.

Great to see Alonso and Aston Martin do so well, and there was a couple of decent overtakes from him to get there, but other than that it was a total snoozefest.

Perhaps I've just been spoiled by Formula E recently.

Well done to Aston and Alonso.

But I fear this season could be a bit of an anti climax as nobody is going to get near the Red Bull.

That race does not bode well for the season. Sure the midfield battle will be interesting but 2023 is well and truly going to be the Max Verstappen driving off in to the distance every week show. At least when Mercedes were miles ahead of everyone we often had battles between Hamilton and Rosberg. Perez can't even lay a glove on Verstappen.

Aston Martin have made huge improvements so credit there. I thought Mercedes would be stronger than they were, what an awful winter for them. And even if Ferrari sort out their reliability, they are so far off Red Bull on race pace.

At least when Mercedes were miles ahead of everyone we often had battles between Hamilton and Rosberg. Perez can't even lay a glove on Verstappen.
As long as you forget about 2017 and 2020, when Hamilton waltzed off in to the distance week after week.

back to the touring cars to watch a bit of close racing and overtaking then.
There was some of this in fairness and it will be a good season for it (despite this particular race being on the dull side). Just not at the front.

Perez isn't permitted to lay a glove on Verstappen.
Corrected that one for you. There's no question about it. I can only assume Perez is only doing this gig for the money, as it's frankly disgraceful how he's been treated the last couple of years and apparently still continuing into this one. Also disgraceful is how Red Bull have clearly gotten clean away with cheating in terms of developing the car over and above the cost cap to the benefit of last year, and obviously this year.

Really quite a dull opening race which is a shame as I had hoped the Aston Martins would have been quick enough to challenge the Red Bulls, but evidently not.

I enjoyed the scrap between the two best drivers on the grid in Hamilton v Alonso, but the rest of the race was pretty poor. It's a shame Aston Martin can only employ one decent driver with daddy's boy Stroll, who nearly wiped out Alonso, a guaranteed seat.

How long until Leclerc and Norris give up on their teams?

Corrected that one for you. There's no question about it. I can only assume Perez is only doing this gig for the money, as it's frankly disgraceful how he's been treated the last couple of years and apparently still continuing into this one. Also disgraceful is how Red Bull have clearly gotten clean away with cheating in terms of developing the car over and above the cost cap to the benefit of last year, and obviously this year.
Not sure I understand why it can't simply be that one driver is better than the other, or at least that is a major part of the equation.

Or did you say the same thing about Bottas when he was in Mercedes and was more often than not nowhere near Hamilton's pace?

I could easily see this being Noris last season with McLaren. As a fan it hurts to see us waste his talent. But the car just isn't good enough for another season. Consistently dropping the ball with car designs and missing development targets. I think if RB get a sniff that he might be open to a move they will drop Perez

I could easily see this being Noris last season with McLaren. As a fan it hurts to see us waste his talent. But the car just isn't good enough for another season. Consistently dropping the ball with car designs and missing development targets. I think if RB get a sniff that he might be open to a move they will drop Perez
Where to tho? Haas, Alpine and AlphaTauri are the places which theoretically have a vacancy, but they're more likely to end up behind McLaren than in front.

I guess Hamilton could potentially call it a day too, although all the signs are that he wants that 8th championship.