• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

If anyone is thinking about going next year and camping, you might want to start thinking about booking your camping spot. It sounds like the camping tickets are selling quickly this year. 40% off the space has already sold at Woodlands camp site, and its not even being a week since the race. The prices have also raised as well. The later you book, the more you pay it seems.

Qualifying today was really good. Shame we could not get a clean qual, as it would be interesting to see where all the cars were on pure pace.

Luck really isn't on the side of Ferrari is it? Easy shot at both cars on the podium quite literally up in flames.

Great to see both the Haas' in the points again; long may it continue.

A fantastic weekend of racing, ruined by a (hopefully) small majority of the people attending.

That twitter thread makes me sad and angry. I hope this makes the FIA, F1 and the tracks take steps to makes it easier to report issues in the future, and take a hard stance on anyone caught doing this to get rid of it. It does not belong in F1, or anywhere and the sooner we can stop it the better.

Kudos to Aston Martin and Mercedes who reached out to some of those affected, and helped create some positive memories.

The race was a classic. Action through out the field, changes for the lead. I don't think Sainz will be using that engine again, there looked like a few explosions from inside the chassis on some of the replays. Ferrari need to favour Charles now if they want to win both championships.

Fantastic result for Mick, He made a good pass on Lewis early on, and Lewis made an amazing overtake a few laps later. Was great watching them battle it out.

Five cars battling at points in the race as well was great to watch, and then seeing Max catching Charles at the end was great to see. Glad it was just a VSC, as a full safety car would of ruined the race.

I don't think Sainz will be using that engine again, there looked like a few explosions from inside the chassis on some of the replays. Ferrari need to favour Charles now if they want to win both championships.
Not sure he'll be using that car again, it was pretty badly damaged! He was lucky to get out in time, a few scary moments there.

Mixed fortunes again for Ferrari. That power unit is starting to look more and more questionable.

Not sure he'll be using that car again, it was pretty badly damaged! He was lucky to get out in time, a few scary moments there.

Mixed fortunes again for Ferrari. That power unit is starting to look more and more questionable.

Ferrari and Leclerc would be winning this championship if it weren't for their power unit

Ferrari and Leclerc would be winning this championship if it weren't for their power unit
Indeed, but if the power unit was more reliable it may also be slightly slower, and therefore the car behind Red Bull on true pace.

Another good race yesterday. 3 podiums in a row for Hamilton, Mercedes still aren't there with the pace but things are looking on the up. Hopefully they can be fighting for wins soon as a true 3 way fight would make for some epic races.

Bit of a boring one today I thought, and yet another display of poor decisions and judgments for Ferrari, particularly where Sainz was concerned. Another terrible end for Leclerc, and I wish we could have seen an outcome of him pitting after Verstappen; it would have been interesting to see them both so far ahead of the rest of the pack. Plain sailing for Max after that.

Russell's whinging about the near-miss with Perez also got very tiresome very quickly. Glad Toto and his engineer didn't really have the time of day for it.

Ferrari are going to loose Leclerc. It was his mistake today but the teams strategy sucked. Wouldn't shock me if he moved to Merc to replace Lewis

Imagine how much better a race that would have been had Ferrari not completely lost their marbles repeatedly after Leclerc's error. Feel really bad for Carlos Sainz because he did absolutely everything he could. His engineer trying to debate pit strategy with him while he was wheel to wheel was one of those real wtf moments.

Difficult to see an outcome other than Verstappen and RBR winning both championships now, all eyes now are on whether Merc can beat Ferrari in the end and the same for Alpine/McLaren. Hope I'm wrong but RBR are miles ahead of Ferrari on strategy, have way more component allowance left before they have to start taking penalties and way ahead on reliability too.

I'm glad the TV direction focussed on those mid-team battles rather than endless shots of the car unchallenged in the front.

If I was a top driver I would not want to be driving for Ferrari. They always seem in such a muddle when it comes to strategy and team decisions, and it is no surprise that they have not won a championship for so long.

Great P2 for Hamilton yesterday, drove a solid race and had more pace than Perez's Red Bull. Not sure what happened to Perez when Verstappen was so far up the road. Should have been an easy one two for Red Bull.

It's insane to think how much Ferrari has buggered up this season, 3 races in and it looked like they were going to run away with it, since then they seem to have completely imploded. Listening to Sainz's race engineer nonchalantly calling him into the pits whilst he was in the middle of overtaking Perez was hilarious.

They seemed to blame most of their misfortune in 2017/18 on Vettel but now it seems obvious that any driver will struggle driving for Ferrari (unless your name is Michael Schumacher). Leclerc has his fair share of mistakes now, but it makes you wonder whether that is the pressure from Ferrari bringing that out.

Will be interesting to see what Mercedes are like after the summer break. Historically they tend to make massive gains during the break so we can hope for a bit more excitement for the remainder of the season.

It's insane to think how much Ferrari has buggered up this season, 3 races in and it looked like they were going to run away with it, since then they seem to have completely imploded. Listening to Sainz's race engineer nonchalantly calling him into the pits whilst he was in the middle of overtaking Perez was hilarious.

They seemed to blame most of their misfortune in 2017/18 on Vettel but now it seems obvious that any driver will struggle driving for Ferrari (unless your name is Michael Schumacher). Leclerc has his fair share of mistakes now, but it makes you wonder whether that is the pressure from Ferrari bringing that out.

Will be interesting to see what Mercedes are like after the summer break. Historically they tend to make massive gains during the break so we can hope for a bit more excitement for the remainder of the season.
When Michael Schumacher came to Ferrari they were an absolute joke of a team. He wanted the challenge of trying to win with Ferrari as that was in his view more rewarding than winning with any other team. He was instrumental in turning the team around, strategically, operationally and mechanically, but it took years. He would work late into the night with the mechanics while everyone else had gone out for dinner. I think he had a really technical brain which gave him both a driver's and a constructor's perspective on what needed to be done. Good documentary on Netflix about him if you've not found it yet.

I think Leclerc is perhaps similarly motivated to drive for Ferrari not just to win but because of what driving for Ferrari means for him. I'm not sure if he has the technical knowledge and expertise to help them get their act together though. Sainz, on the other hand, might prove useful in that regard.

When Michael Schumacher came to Ferrari they were an absolute joke of a team. He wanted the challenge of trying to win with Ferrari as that was in his view more rewarding than winning with any other team. He was instrumental in turning the team around, strategically, operationally and mechanically, but it took years. He would work late into the night with the mechanics while everyone else had gone out for dinner. I think he had a really technical brain which gave him both a driver's and a constructor's perspective on what needed to be done. Good documentary on Netflix about him if you've not found it yet.

I think Leclerc is perhaps similarly motivated to drive for Ferrari not just to win but because of what driving for Ferrari means for him. I'm not sure if he has the technical knowledge and expertise to help them get their act together though. Sainz, on the other hand, might prove useful in that regard.
Worth remembering that Schumacher was already a double world champion with experience of working in a team at the very top of their powers in Benneton. Leclerc needs Ferrari to be better than they are, whereas Schumacher was able to make Ferrari what he needed them to be.

It's a slight on Ferrari that they need to be tamed as a team in that way, not Leclerc (nor Sainz) of course.

Judging by Binotto's post-race interviews they are in full on denial mode that anything is wrong though.

If I was a top driver I would not want to be driving for Ferrari. They always seem in such a muddle when it comes to strategy and team decisions, and it is no surprise that they have not won a championship for so long.

Great P2 for Hamilton yesterday, drove a solid race and had more pace than Perez's Red Bull. Not sure what happened to Perez when Verstappen was so far up the road. Should have been an easy one two for Red Bull.

It's clear that the RB is set up for Verstappen. Their team politics are really laughable nowadays - at least in the previous Mercedes dominance era the second driver was given a car capable of competing (and in one season winning!) Perez hasn't got a cat in hell's chance.

It's clear that the RB is set up for Verstappen. Their team politics are really laughable nowadays - at least in the previous Mercedes dominance era the second driver was given a car capable of competing (and in one season winning!) Perez hasn't got a cat in hell's chance.
For real? You think Merc developed the car to Bottas' strengths as much as Hamilton's?

Why would they, even?

Not to mention how often Bottas’ strategy was so often compromised compared to Lewis, even when he’d stuck it on pole and was leading.

I was expecting another season or two out of him. Gutted really, but no doubt he'll want to be a platform for change.

Let the speculation for the second seat begin...

Alonso signs for Aston Martin on a multi-year deal...

Seems a bizarre choice.