• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

So Alpine confirmed Oscar Piastri would be taking Alonso's seat next year...

Screenshot_20220802-201555_Facebook.jpg

Only for him to personally announce he won't be driving for them next year. This suggests to me he's waiting for McLaren...

Has he really I've missed that. So Danny Ric to Alpine?
Danny Ric to commentating now surely? I won't say he's not a good driver, but he certainly can't adapt to change very well. Why would anyone want to pay him to drive fir them after the last few years?

Nothing confirmed about Danny Ric yet, and he's still contracted with McLaren until next year. I imagine the rest of the season may determine what will happen to him. I can't see him going back to Alpine and Piastri taking his seat.

In the event Danny does stay at McLaren for another year, Oscar may have just shot himself in the foot.

Logan Sargent will also be getting a session in Latifi's car in FP1 at his home race at COTA. Will be a good opportunity to prove himself as well to the eyes at Williams, although I'm not sure he's ready for the full step up yet.

That Piastri tweet was a bombshell.

Terrible look for Alpine all of this, both their grandee and their rising star have looked at what the team have to offer and decided against it - the former for a team who are currently a back marker and the latter preferring to go for a seat which contractually taken.

I can see a version of events where Piastri ends up doing a year in FE or Indy for McLaren.

Latifi is gone

Along was always gonna stay.

I'm throwing a curveball. Piastri to McLaren. Danny Ric to Williams. Theo Pourchaire to Alpine. Isn't his contract with Sauber up soon? And he is French.

I hope not. I am sure he's got unfinished business. Clearly better than his performances the last few years
I think so too but I don't think being in a Williams, where at best he'd be outperforming Albon but little else and at worst would be solidly at the back, he'd really prove much in that seat.

Dont Mclaren already have their 23 indy lineup sorted with Pato and Palou? With Felix Rosenqvist going to their FE team, so unless Danny Ric is taking up the second E seat or maybe Extreme E?

Dont Mclaren already have their 23 indy lineup sorted with Pato and Palou? With Felix Rosenqvist going to their FE team, so unless Danny Ric is taking up the second E seat or maybe Extreme E?
They have 3 cars in Indy.

Someone sent me this on WhatsApp, I think it's from Reddit orginally:

1660042483215.png

Contrary to an earlier post, I can now believe he'll probably be back to Alpine if he's desperate to stay in the sport. Can't be long now until Piastri is announced to replace him.

Contrary to an earlier post, I can now believe he'll probably be back to Alpine if he's desperate to stay in the sport. Can't be long now until Piastri is announced to replace him.

I think that will be the trade off. I'd like to see Schumacher to Alfa, Danny Ric to Haas personally

The partnership just never fully clicked, I had faith they would be able to do something this year but he just doesnt seem comfortable in the Mclaren car. I think its the best move for all parties involved.

Have to assume Mclaren are confident Piastri is joining them then