• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Stelios

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Well I don't think anyone's revived this so let's discuss the 2012 Forumula One season.

Let's start off with today? Will we get another unique winner with Vettel suddenly out? What were your thoughts on todays race? Who will win the season overall and who are you rooting?

Discuss here.

GROSJEAN is out! Another random fail.

I want anyone but Alonso to win.

Re: Forumla One

I only caught the last few laps, but wow. Three former/current Ferrari drivers, and all former World Champions. Well done to Alonso for winning, but Schumacher getting a podium at long last is definitely well-deserved, especially as this season, his car's been very unreliable. Kudos to Michael. :D

I feel sorry for Hamilton, I wanted him to win and he went out on the second to last lap. :(

Pretty good race though, apart from the result. :)

Forumla One

Hamilton has had an excellent season. This year I can't think of anything that has been his fault. Pit stops & the likes. Maldonado should get 5place grid penalty next race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smudge said:
Hamilton has had an excellent season. This year I can't think of anything that has been his fault. Pit stops & the likes. Maldonado should get 5place grid penalty next race.

What difference would it make though? Maldonado is an absolutely awful driver, he has been extremely lucky this season to get to where he has with his car and team. Hamilton's chances were ruined by that and now he's quite a bit behind in the Championship.

One of the most exciting races since the 1990s heyday. Who said Valencia is boring?

Michael Schumacher richly deserved this podium, it has been a long time coming this season. He was perhaps somewhat lucky to get it, but when you consider his terrible luck this season - it is justified.

Aggressive and dangerous driving from Maldonado AND Hamilton for me, they're just too reckless at times.

Tom said:
Aggressive and dangerous driving from Maldonado AND Hamilton for me, they're just too reckless at times.
Agreed. This is Hamilton's sixth season in Formula 1, and he just doesn't seem to have learnt to control himself and behave. Yes, he's a good driver - I'm not denying that - but he should've calmed down by now. Maldonado's only in his second season, so should probably be given a bit more slack, although from what I've gathered, he was most likely in the wrong here.

Jonathan said:
Tom said:
Agreed. This is Hamilton's sixth season in Formula 1, and he just doesn't seem to have learnt to control himself and behave. Yes, he's a good driver - I'm not denying that - but he should've calmed down by now. Maldonado's only in his second season, so should probably be given a bit more slack, although from what I've gathered, he was most likely in the wrong here.

I don't understand the continuing stereotype of Hamilton having this kind of "spoilt child" persona? He's matured immensely since his early days (in which I remind you he actually won the World Championship), and it is incredibly unfair to blame the continuing problems he is having on Hamilton himself. His job was made significantly harder today by his team messing up a pit stop once again, and then whilst trying to defend his podium position - he is barged off the track by an impudent rookie who should not be driving in F1 in the first place.

He has been very unlucky this season and yet is still third in the standings, having only achieved one first place finish out of 8 races - if he were reckless then he would have no consistency.

Forumla One

I agree. I think ham has been very mature this season & I believe now one of the very best drivers. The team have made some costly mistakes, but Hamilton has been re opposite to 'reckless' of late. He was completely in the right today.

It's when he's in close situations like that he cannot control himself. When he's racing normally that's fine but it's when there's a battle for a place late on in a grand prix that he snaps like a cornered rat.

I think he may win another world title, but he will certainly not be remembered as one of the all-time greats. It's the fact that he British people tend to overlook his shortcomings.

Forumla One

I agree he used to be like that, but today he did not attack the corner wrongly. He did nothing wrong. He was in front & on the racing line. Pastor should of yielded period.

He will be remembered as one of the fastest drivers in history. Him, vetel and possibly alonso are such a cut above the rest.

I think that Hamilton has improved a lot since starting F1. You can see how different he drives now compared to his first season.

I dont think you can put much blame on Hamilton for that crash, they were racing, Hamilton had the line squeezed Pastor out as the rules say you can do and Pastor just came back onto the track where he should have yeilded. I think this is an aggressive and rookie mistake from Pastor, hope he learns from it.

Here is the video if anyone missed it
[youtube]http://youtu.be/6zmeHij13YY[/youtube]

smudge said:
I agree he used to be like that, but today he did not attack the corner wrongly. He did nothing wrong. He was in front & on the racing line. Pastor should of yielded period.

He will be remembered as one of the fastest drivers in history. Him, vetel and possibly alonso are such a cut above the rest.

People are remembered for their dominance. Vettel and Alonso are double world champions with possibly more in them yet. Hamilton scraped his narrowly and it's questionable whether he will claim another. He's certainly one of the best competing today but history will not remember him for his achievements so far.

And as for the incident, I would probably have given Maldonado a harsher penalty than the 20-second post-race one he got.

He got a 20 second penalty for that? Bit of a let off considering it cost another driver some decent points.....

Forumla One

Hamilton hasn't had the car though. I think him in a red bull we would see his dominance. I see your point though, but you only have to look what global support he has to see how highly he is though of in f1. (not just Brits)

I think he has more world champs to come. His first championship was in his second season ever & he only narrowly missed it on his rookie year. That says something doesn't it?

Jem8472 said:
He got a 20 second penalty for that? Bit of a let off considering it cost another driver some decent points.....

Yeah, demotion from Formula 1 should have been the penalty.

Well... there's a typo in the topic name. ;)

Oh, and to stay on topic, one of the Brits to win the championship, with me preferring Hamilton. This season looks very interesting, as we have had many winners- and it's very tight at the top, with many changing leaders.

Hope it's this exciting all the way to the end.