• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forum Downtime This Friday 7PM and Some Team News

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I must admit I'm not keen on the circular avatars coming but that's just a personal preference and not a make or break deal. Looking forward to everything else!

Yeah I'm going to miss the nicley formated squares too. But circle's seem to be the way they've all gone.

Looking forward to seeing the other changes.

I guess with FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok all having circle promo pictures it’s the “in” thing at the moment.

r11qo7jqcat41.jpg

to be honest I was expecting @Burbs face put on this like the Ian one, disappointed :tearsofjoy:

As for circular profile pic's being trendy I think it seems to be the way it's going, but it seems like it's been like that for a while. It's weird everything else seemed to be going square and then windows 11 released and everyone changed there minds. It's interesting just how much windows changes what everything digital ends up looking like.

It's how trends work. Squares were all the trend. Then it was circles and rounded edges. Then it was squares again. Now it's back to circles and rounded edges.

It'll be squares again in a year or so.
Nah, the next trend will be triangles. :p

Just be grateful we’ve stuck to regular shapes and not gone all Samsung on you by making up our own new shapes like “squircles” (yes, they’re actually called that) ;)

tow0ihS.jpg

Design always comes full circle (no pun intended). I remember when we all thought gradients and shadows were the work of the devil, but they’ve started to re-emerge in recent years.

Heck, I’ll be saving this current forum for us to redeploy in 6 years time when this style is all back in vogue :tearsofjoy:

Samsung's thing are just squares with rounded edges. To be honest I like the way the current forum looks, I like functionality over stylishness but I'm sure the new forum will be great.

Looking forward to this new forum
While we wait, there are a few of us messing around on Discord if you would like to join us
Hopefully this will be the last post of the old forum!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.