• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forum won't let me edit a post/won't save edits to a post?

Yes like as @Craig said above its how the system works. Id just use cutely brackets.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The fact I didn’t think of that probably doesn’t bode too well given that I’m doing a Computer Science degree from September… I should have known that too, as we even did HTML/web code in GCSE Computer Science! (Never got round to it at A Level due to COVID)

Thanks very much for the pointers, all, and once again, I apologise for distracting you all to solve what was ultimately a case of “user error”!

The fact I didn’t think of that probably doesn’t bode too well given that I’m doing a Computer Science degree from September… I should have known that too, as we even did HTML/web code in GCSE Computer Science! (Never got round to it at A Level due to COVID)

Thanks very much for the pointers, all, and once again, I apologise for distracting you all to solve what was ultimately a case of “user error”!
Don't beat yourself up i do similar with my course subject. I only knew because I'd had a similar issue with a file system I was sorting out for a friend

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you ever have problems with formatting or post issues its usually worth checking the "Use BB Code Editor" button (it looks like a page with a spanner on it). This usually is useful as sometimes things in square brackets go missing from the rich text editor.

Alternatively hit the nuclear option by using the "Remove Formatting" button. (Looks like an underlined T with an x next to it).

Before editing your post it might help to copy the text so that if you loose the changes all you have to do is paste it back in and try again without having to re-type it. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys. Is anyone having issues via mobile when quoting a message?

I seem to be having some problems. Apologies if wrong thread.

Hi guys. Is anyone having issues via mobile when quoting a message?

I seem to be having some problems. Apologies if wrong thread.
Not seeing any issues here. Could you let us know what exactly is happening, what browser and phone you're using too?

Not seeing any issues here. Could you let us know what exactly is happening, what browser and phone you're using too?
When I go to click quote reply it opens and allows me to type within the quoted text box rather than underneath it so it is allowing me to delete the quoted text and or add to it to make our large reply. Samsung s20 phone, standard Samsung browser.

When I go to click quote reply it opens and allows me to type within the quoted text box rather than underneath it so it is allowing me to delete the quoted text and or add to it to make our large reply. Samsung s20 phone, standard Samsung browser.
Hmm I don't have an S20 to hand, just a tablet but seems fine when I've tried to replicate it on there.

We've seen other bugs and issues with the Samsung browser, so it may be device/browser specific rather than anything on the forum itself. There's a few Samsung users on the forum, so I'll see if we can try and reproduce the issue with them.

Hello, I just tried using an S21 with Samsung Browser and it works as expected for me. Phone has been in a drawer for a few months so is probably out of date
Sorry I can't replicate your issue.

Have you tried the obvious stuff. I.e. another browser, incognito mode/clearing cache and cookies?

Just tried with my s22, Samsung browser running very strangely on Samsung browser (I use chrome on my phone usually, and I suppose I'm just used to the way chrome shows the forum), the forum doesn't format text very well on some posts (particularly one's with pictures), but I cannot replicate the quoting issue at the moment. Admittedly I haven't tried many posts, let me know if you want to try anything else.
Hope this is helpful.

I had quite a few issues with the Samsung Browser when using this forum.

To be honest, the browser is crap anyway, it should be banished to the tech graveyard.

Switching browser fixed all the issues for me.