• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Frog Hopper Hops Off

It's good to see that the little, old Frog Hopper is getting so much attention (Even if it's only because the ride has disappeared)

The ride is really popular with the kids, and the adults too who try to ride it. It's a big part of the children's ride line-up, so I'd expect for it to reappear again asap.

Well its good to hear they are working on it. I take it that its gone to the maintenance area, as the will have the equipment and lifting gear to hand.

I do wonder if it become a second level repair, (primary level is emergency breakdown) for the on call maintenance staff.

Nawww poor old Frog Hopper, I do love it! I always 'supervise' the children and go on it too.

Im impressed to see a small attraction getting some tlc, I hope its back soon.

I've literally never seen this ride. I must have never ventured into the particular part of the park where it is. Is it in CCL? This isn't a joke by the way.

The Psychoaster said:
I've literally never seen this ride. I must have never ventured into the particular part of the park where it is. Is it in CCL? This isn't a joke by the way.

I assume you also haven't appreciated the masterpiece of car wash bubbles then? Or a red-headed lollipop soprano serenading you as you get your picture taken?

Stelios said:
The Psychoaster said:

I assume you also haven't appreciated the masterpiece car wash bubbles then?

I will concede the furthest I've ever gone into CCL is the Twirling Toadstools :|

Magic HQ this morning:

NC76D.jpg

I was told by some friends that they had seen it going off on a back of a lorry on Monday morning, I thought they were joking in all honesty. After a relaxed day on park towards the end of the day me and my friend wandered up to where the Frog Hopper usually stands and everything was still there apart from the drop tower. The reed themeing and the operators cabin are still in place so I thought it was hiding behind Gallopers, but alas it was not there.

Frog Hopper is leaving in the exact fashion it arrived, in the middle of the 2000 season, with no fanfare, and not even featuring on the map. God Bless you, Frog Hopper. Not only neatly portable, but ever unpredictable and enigmatic... Apart from those 12 years you spent doing exactly the same thing all day forever.

Dont worry the frog isnt dead, infact I think it may have already returned.

Turns out the lillypad isnt always greener on the other side.

It will be receiving work over closed to get a new gondola and a repaint I believe.

Frog Hopper has indeed returned! It was running today. Looks like it went on a short break away somewhere, probably to find some warm sunny weather! :p

:)

Surprised no one did the Frog hopper has finally croaked it joke :p

Glad its back though as its something else I can drag my neice on :p

Rides playing hide and seek? Next week, Nemesis nips to Whitby for a weekend away!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

that could be a new visual game for the forum, a little bit of a ride is shown in a photo of a well know holiday spot and you got to guess the ride.

It could be call, rides days out :D