• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fun Spot USA, Florida - GCI Woodie "White Lightning"

According to this article, Fun Spot has purchased an extra 8 acres of land. Screamscape has suggested that this may be for the water park that Fun Spot has planned for the near future.

:)

Edit: (28/01/2013) Some photos of Fun Spot's new rides being built can be found on Johnny Upside Down...

Freedom Fighter

White Lightning

Park Expansion

Looks like the supports for the two coasters are now at the park and the footers for them are nearly sorted.

Okay, I've tried not to flood this topic with my own comments by editing old comments with new news but I'll have to make another new post now. :p

TPR have some new construction photos of the new rides available here. Here are a couple of the best ones:

img_0742_1.jpg

img_0743_3.jpg

img_0744_1.jpg

img_0748_3.jpg

img_0757_0.jpg

img_0761_0.jpg

Lot's of track, supports and footers in place, as well as part of the sky coaster! :D

One last image...

img_0767_2.jpg

:p

Edit: (11/02/2013) More construction shots can now be viewed here on Johnny Upside Down's website.

Sammy said:
Having just watched the parks 2013 commercial...

Fun Spot Style 2013 Commercial

I have come to the conclusion, they do not deserve a GCI! I didn't think it was possible to fit so much awful into one advert! :p

Wrong park, Sam ;) Notice they have a wild mouse coaster in the commercial when the one White Lightning is at doesn't have one!

TedTheHuman said:
Sammy said:
Having just watched the parks 2013 commercial...

Fun Spot Style 2013 Commercial

I have come to the conclusion, they do not deserve a GCI! I didn't think it was possible to fit so much awful into one advert! :p

Wrong park, Sam ;) Notice they have a wild mouse coaster in the commercial when the one White Lightning is at doesn't have one!

Same company though, would imagine they will roll out the same advert for both parks tbh! :p

Advertising is meant to make you want to visit/buy tickets. That advertisement makes me not want to go... EVER! But after visiting America for the first time last year they do love a good cheesy advert!

BigAl said:
Okay, I've tried not to flood this topic with my own comments by editing old comments with new news but I'll have to make another new post now. :p

Take no notice if anyone moans Al (which I cannot for a moment imagine they will). A thread with updates should be exactly that, and I can assure you I read it with gratitude that you take the time to keep us updated with information.

I don't buy into this double post rubbish, if a point is separate/new it should be in a new post. Updates are way easier to check, especially on a timeline, making the construction actually easier to follow development wise. It also puts it up the forum list, so everyone knows something new has happened.

In cases like this I doubt anyone would disagree, even with me ;D - so thanks for the updates, or I would have absolutely no idea of this construction or it's details.

EDIT: (Chuckle).

THAT ADVERT!!! Is it me, or does that dude get a bit, er, excitable, on the children's carousel?

That isn't exactly what I would call a family friendly advert.... "Fun Spot", getting a "Woodie" called "White Lightening". Are you sure that isn't a parody from Little Britain? They seem to make many gestures some of my less subtle friends would have made, out clubbing on a weekend, seeing some foxy lady ;D

Makes THORPE PARK feel cultured!

FUNSPOT STYLE!

That advert manages to be cheesy, patronising, sexist, discreditable, sleazy and smile-inducing all at the same time.

Oh sweet Jesus, mother of all that's holy.

That's the most disgraceful ad I have ever seen in my life. Damn Americans and their cheesy advertising.

They're also adding a third coaster, though it's only going to be a kiddy coaster. Similar to the one at Kissimmee.

H'okay... that was a fairly scary ad! My eyes feel like they're burning, and the enthusiast part of my brain is sad :(!

I would like to think the park would create a few adverts for the new season - one with a thrill edge focusing on White Lightning, and then another showcasing the family element.

I can't believe they're having such large investment in such a competitive theme park area!

From Screamscape:
2013 - Fun Spot America - (3/11/13) A local reader sent in a ton of pictures showing off Fun Spot America this week, showing off the progress on the coasters and the massive 250 foot Skycoaster. One odd thing those of you who remember the ride from it’s Las Vegas days may notice here is that Fun Spot has failed to put up the second “launch” tower for the Skycoaster.
Unlike the 300 foot Skycoaster at Fun Spot USA which can only handle one group of riders at a time, the 250 ft version was designed to have two launch towers in the back and able to swing two groups of riders at the same time. From what I’m hearing you wont see Fun Spot America put up that second launch tower, leaving the single tower is look just kind of odd all by itself, because it leans outward. I’m told that the reason is because there apparently isn’t any room to run the second half of the attraction, as the Go-Karts are a bit too close. Odd… but with the other Skycoaster down at Fun Spot USA, there is enough Skycoaster fun to go around in Orlando that I’m sure they wont miss the added capacity.
You can also see a few more pictures over at JohnnyUpsidedown this week, including a look at the park layout artwork which still shows the two rear towers on the Skycoaster here.

TPR has a new update too. This one is more focused on the coasters. Got to say, I like the quirky supports on parts of the Vekoma SFC!

Screamscape has five new pictures of coaster construction here:

db_2013_0320_FunSpotAmerica1.jpg

db_2013_0320_FunSpotAmerica__2_1.jpg

db_2013_0320_FunSpotAmerica__3_1.jpg

db_2013_0320_FunSpotAmerica__4_1.jpg

db_2013_0320_FunSpotAmerica__5_1.jpg

I have to say, I'm not quite as offended by White Lightning's supports as I first thought I'd be. They're by no means the prettiest supports but they're not too bad.

Hopefully they'll remain in that condition, otherwise it will become a bit of a problem! :p

Thrillgeek have some fresh photos from the construction sites at Fun Spot here. The main image at the top of that page shows a rather smart looking White Lightning...

DSCN0107.jpg