• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future Merchandise Ideas

Does anyone know whether we will see more models of the rides, similar to Rita?

Also, why does the Rita model have the old trains?

Would really like to see a detailed statix style model. I mean imagine it for rides like air, if you could actually move the train into the flying position, wouldn't be too difficult to make.

The Rita model has the post-2010 front car bodyshell with a grille and headlights as currently fitted. It does however lack the weathering that the real things have, and as a result it looks a lot like the blue train originally did until you investigate the front detail (in fairness, so far as I can tell the front car shells and streaks of mucky brown paint were about the only changes for 2010). I presume Oxford haven't replicated the weathered finish the real trains have because it's modelled at such a small scale, and getting it to look right would probably be quite difficult or significantly increase the cost. Livery aside, three out of five cars in such a small scale seems a bit tight (and particularly when the third car isn't the finned rear car), but the real trains are represented pretty well and the price isn't exactly unreasonable.

The train's pristine finish makes it contrast heavily with the box's grimy new Rita branding. There's a silly mistake on the back too where the launch speed is said to be 67kph rather than 100kph/62mph/60mph. Considering the rest of the text is the usual "Rita may be succumbing to the Dark Forest, but nothing can stop her speed!" guff that usually gets this detail right I'm a little bit surprised it's wrong here.

Of the park's coasters Rita isn't the one I'd have chosen to have a train model made for, but I suspect that it's a lot simpler to mould a conventional coaster train than a suspended type like Nemmy or Air's might be and therefore better to test the market with. Ultimately I'd imagine the park won't commission any more models from Oxford unless they sell enough of these, so on the basis that more models would be very welcome and it's a nice little geeky thing to have I'd thoroughly recommend buying one.

Might get one of them and put it on my shelf next to my Coaster Dynamix Statix model of Sheikra. :)