• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the Rapids description on the app mentions waterfalls again! I think it's safe to say they'll be returning in the summer!
Didn’t it always mention waterfalls, though?

African themed area. Australian announcements. Yep. Makes sense.
...Actually, call me crazy but now you mention it, a possible slight retheme from Kantaga Canyon into something based out of an Australian mining village based in the outback might not be a bad idea as it would give very little change needed for the theme and maybe gave an excuse to flesh out existing rides with RMT and CRR ofc. But more important, we want CRR with all its effects back!

Yes, it has always mentioned waterfalls, despite the lack of them. The announcement on the ride about waterfalls surely means they are coming back though, as it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Could Towers (& other UK parks with Rapids rides) not just put seatbelts onto the CRR rafts? Rides in the USA like Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges & Kali River Adventure both absolutely drench you to the skin & have "airline style" seatbelts on the rafts. Of course, the rider can undo the belt during the ride (as they can with a secondary restraint safety belt on many coasters) - but the park can at least then say they left the boarding station with the belt fastened. It sort of gives the park an extra line of defence - the rider both undid the seatbelt as advised not to do so & stood up in the raft as advised not to do so. This would surely please H&S as the guest would have to have done two things wrong in order to be ejected from a rapids raft.

I find the situation bizarre - can only assume HSE are involved following the Drayton incident (which I don't think was in a waterfall section). If there is any country in the world where a lawyer will take your money for a case, no matter how tenuous, it's the USA.

Could Towers (& other UK parks with Rapids rides) not just put seatbelts onto the CRR rafts? Rides in the USA like Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges & Kali River Adventure both absolutely drench you to the skin & have "airline style" seatbelts on the rafts. Of course, the rider can undo the belt during the ride (as they can with a secondary restraint safety belt on many coasters) - but the park can at least then say they left the boarding station with the belt fastened. It sort of gives the park an extra line of defence - the rider both undid the seatbelt as advised not to do so & stood up in the raft as advised not to do so. This would surely please H&S as the guest would have to have done two things wrong in order to be ejected from a rapids raft.

I find the situation bizarre - can only assume HSE are involved following the Drayton incident (which I don't think was in a waterfall section). If there is any country in the world where a lawyer will take your money for a case, no matter how tenuous, it's the USA.
The current boats are too small for seatbelts. That's because they are more prone to capsizing, and seatbelts would impede escape in the event of that.

The current boats are too small for seatbelts. That's because they are more prone to capsizing, and seatbelts would impede escape in the event of that.
OK, fair game. Admittedly a lot of the deeper / more wild sections on both Popeye & Bluto's + Kali River Rapids have underwater bars to stabilise the rafts should they try to go too far towards a capsize. Think the rafts on both of those rides are big 12-seaters too (ask me again in June once I've got back to Orlando after far too long - thanks pandemic!)

Pretty sure seatbelts and restraints aren't allowed on water rides like that Incase let's say a boat ever tipped or anything (not that this would really happen in the real world) then the riders would not be trapped and more likely to drown.

For example I remember on the Barry Island log flume some guests were rocking the boat on their log flume and managed to tip it, they came off unscathed though.