• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Francis Jackson got himself a new gig doing voiceovers?
Australian on the latest Retrosquad ad too. Obviously wanting to change careers!

As the voiceover is Australian, could this mean a shift to an Australian and/or surfing theme one over the next few years? I say this because as the theme is currently African/Congo, why use an Australian voiceover?

Australian on the latest Retrosquad ad too. Obviously wanting to change careers!

As the voiceover is Australian, could this mean a shift to an Australian and/or surfing theme one over the next few years? I say this because as the theme is currently African/Congo, why use an Australian voiceover?

I wouldn’t read too much into it. The Pizza Pasta place has Greek restaurant style branding/signage.

These things appear to be a lack of attention to detail as opposed to anything else.

Of course, it wasn't usually Africans who owned massive mining operations in African regions.

A British, Canadian or Australian...or indeed any 'western' voice in a place like the Congo/Katanga, in the theme's time period, is not out of place at all.

Could just be very low season, cold weather, reduce costs "maintenance" work.

It's possible, but it initially went down on Monday after running for an hour, if that, and hasn't opened since. I don't think they'd have gone to the expense of starting it up only to close it so soon after and not bother parking the boats in the time since. They're all still grouped at the bottom of the lift, so It's reasonable to assume there is an issue there.

Dinosaur Question ... Is there something about using a stereotypical African voice that is more problematic than using an Aussie voice in this day and age ?

I typically refer to @Plastic Person for such matters ...

Hey Rickasourus, consulted the Wokerati and their verdict is; given the ongoing cultural conversations regarding the legacy of empire in the UK today, a broad, comical African accent would probably be ill-advised. However, it would be more admissible had they hired a Black Briton of African descent to contribute the recording. As it is, probably easier and safer to secure a local, out-of-work Australian.

So a few things here after some posts have been removed:
  • The odd humorous post is fine, but let's try and keep contributions constructive please!
  • If you feel the subject matter is becoming off topic hit the report button and a member of the team will review and post if required
  • Likewise if you feel someone is backseat moderating, utilise the report button and a member of the team will deal
And finally a reminder from our member expectations:
Please treat others how you wish to be treated. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and although things can get heated, avoid getting into direct arguments with others and ensure you contribute in a mature and sensible manner.

Thanks in advance.

I enjoy reading these forums and there seems to be more freedom to express yourself, without all the online restrictions and backlash. I hope it doesn’t become to Wok on here one day, as freedom of speech is what makes these forums and true human interaction/learning and connections in here so great to be apart of! Either if sometimes a little controversial or a darker joke, it’s all light hearted and it’s the best way to feel free, learn, make mistakes and make more topics interesting. Name calling I don’t agree with of course, but you should never restrict yourself on any forums as that’s what there all about in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk