• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Trouble is, we all understand that but I suspect the vast majority of the public will assume you'll get soaked.

I meant lowest risk of falling out the boat, not getting wet. As the boat travelling at a steady speed down the centre of the trough is unlikely to lead to anyone being ejected, it needs to suddenly stop by hitting the sides to cause someone to come out and its less likely to hit the sides as the waterfalls are pushing the boat towards the centre.

We all know that standing up on the rapids is not a good thing to do, but remember that probably 80 percent of humans are naieve - or just follow what the "Herd" is doing. . They can often react in counter productive ways - something which political strategists have been exploiting for sometime now.

I meant lowest risk of falling out the boat, not getting wet. As the boat travelling at a steady speed down the centre of the trough is unlikely to lead to anyone being ejected, it needs to suddenly stop by hitting the sides to cause someone to come out and its less likely to hit the sides as the waterfalls are pushing the boat towards the centre.
Not to mention the fact that nobody has ever fallen out of the ride in over 30 years of operation, even before these changes.

The story goes that in 1999 a Towers employee nearly drown as they fell in and got stuck between a raft and the turntable.

Guess you could get wedged if you fell in at the right place.

Edit: I've crosschecked this with NAFLIC and it did infact happen. It is logged as an incident with them. I guess that is the most serious incident they have had when someone falls in.

Last edited:
Did the rapids on Sunday and the waterfalls do make a massive difference, our boat actually got wet going through them, and they just add so much more atmosphere to that part of the ride, rather than going through a boring section of the ride past breeze blocks.

now they just need to turn the wave machines on. They already have a “spotter” staff member at the ones near pizza pasta, so see no reason why they couldn’t be turned on.

Last edited:
Shared with permission from a friend who's at Towers today, is this just the wake from the waterfalls or could the wave machines actually be on?

IMG-20230815-WA0001.jpg

Sorry if I'm just talking nonsense lol

Don't think there is a wave machine in that location, its before the waterfalls, near the on-ride photo.
It won’t be the wave machine.

There is one near the start of the ride, when RMT is on the left of you. The second one is just before pizza pasta, and the third is just before the on ride photo.

None have been on for years now which is a real shame.

Aren't logs and such also used to create waves on rapids rides? Although they can be dangerous in the event of an emergency pump shutdown.