• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

If it’s anything to go by, Rumba Rapids is also shut at present, and both rides have had “Warning; risk of drowning” signs fitted around their ride areas reminding people to remain seated:

Interesting… I wonder what this could mean?

If it’s anything to go by, Rumba Rapids is also shut at present, and both rides have had “Warning; risk of drowning” signs fitted around their ride areas reminding people to remain seated:

The inquest into the death at Drayton Manor stated that the signage was inadequate because whilst they may have stated ‘remain seated’ they weren’t clear enough as to the consequence of non compliance, therefore these ‘risk of drowning’ signs could well just be in reaction to that - to ensure the rides are up to code with the latest guidance/regulations.

The inquest into the death at Drayton Manor stated that the signage was inadequate because whilst they may have stated ‘remain seated’ they weren’t clear enough as to the consequence of non compliance, therefore these ‘risk of drowning’ signs could well just be in reaction to that - to ensure the rides are up to code with the latest guidance/regulations.

It has operated for a year after after that guidance was issued so it wouldn't be that.

Both Congo and Rumba cost alot to run, we're now in Autumn and the standard guest experience of riding both is so bad these days that you can see why they'd be in no hurry to reopen either.

I had to laugh when I saw Towers Street’s latest Facebook status about the scaffolding around the waterfalls - someone has commented saying they’ll be LED TVs with waterfalls on them. Can you imagine…

Fake water in the troughs too where the rafts slowly make their way down clattering around on caster wheels…
And paper confetti cannons to get you "wet"... Which will only work for 1st day and never again,

Oh, the thought of Alton Towers adding a modern version of a Virginia Reel! Now that would be a 'world's first' I 'd like to see!
Don't give them idea's! To be honest an actual version of a Virginia real (like a modernised one) would be really cool although perhaps not Alton's style. I've said it before but would love to see something like that at Blackpool. I'm sure GCI or probably Gravity Group could do something.

Vinyl wrap waterfalls incoming :p

Fake water in the troughs too where the rafts slowly make their way down clattering around on caster wheels…

And paper confetti cannons to get you "wet"... Which will only work for 1st day and never again,

Don't even joke. Come 2023 it will have been mothballed and replaced with a 'Unique VR rapids experience'

Don't give them idea's! To be honest an actual version of a Virginia real (like a modernised one) would be really cool although perhaps not Alton's style. I've said it before but would love to see something like that at Blackpool. I'm sure GCI or probably Gravity Group could do something.
I have done.