• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Whats clear is they are coming back. Which can only be a good sign. Like Sub Terra it's not overly clear when though.

My guIss is HQ have given x amount to refresh old or dormant rides. AT are just slowly working through the list of things to do.

If its in house maintenance or one team they can't do everything at once

but as often is with these things, means that they'll all start to break together at the same time.

I do not think that is how it works I am afraid.

In any case, they need to pull their finger out. The hot weather is NOW! July and June specifically are usually the best months of the year for sun. While still warm in later months, over cast and muggy days are much more common as late summer sets in.

It is like watching someone try to prepare a Christmas event and not having it together by December 20th, with the announcements and speakers in March, intermittent testing in between.

In fairness to Towers, we do not actually know what the issue is that is preventing them from operating them. I think HSE can quite comfortably be ruled out. So I am guessing it is some sort of internal red tape / bureaucracy.

Last edited:
Can’t imagine half term (this week) is going to be a time they will bring back the waterfalls.

Perhaps they’ll do it imminently, perhaps not. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s clear the current leadership team are keen to sort a lot of these things out but they still have to meet the H&S standards. So I don’t think they will rush the waterfalls.

If they are going to bring the waterfalls back, than now would be a good time to do it, as it's now summer.

Can’t imagine half term (this week) is going to be a time they will bring back the waterfalls.

Perhaps they’ll do it imminently, perhaps not. Who knows.

Half term was last week.
Peak is now upon us, many uni students have finished, school groups are kicking in, and the weather is here.
It is time the falls were watered, surely they can turn them down a bit?

Half term was last week.
Peak is now upon us, many uni students have finished, school groups are kicking in, and the weather is here.
It is time the falls were watered, surely they can turn them down a bit?

Half term was the week that is now coming to a close for most areas, I believe - hence the extended opening hours during the week. I just cant imagine a week packed with more kids than usual would be the best time to turn them on if they are going to do it. Hopefully we will seem them soon because the Congo Lazy River is somewhat awful.

Well done Towers.

My concern now is that a minority of idiots will be disregarding rules, standing up and swapping seats, which would leave towers with no choice, but to turn them off again.

This is why we can't have nice things!

I think they have worked with HSE on this. I suppose so long as you can evidence enough warnings to stay seated and you have good CCTV to detect anyone who does have an accident, then even HSE agree you reach a point where personal responsibility kicks in.