• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

I do wonder whether they are intentionally artificially inflating the queue times towards the end of the day to ensure they don't end up with a queue that would take an hour or more to work through after 5pm.

I'm sure there was a weekend shortly after Galactica opening where they were running 2 trains / 1 station and staff were there until gone 7pm working through the queue.

Obviously my preferred solution would be for the park to maintain capacity by having both stations and all three trains running.

It does beg the question though, short of getting rid of VR (I'll do it once, then it can be gone), what can they actually do to increase capacity? 3 trains 2 stations or not, if they're only putting out a train once every 3 minutes or so, that's 560 pph, pretty awful.

I think the less first timers as the season progresses will help a little, I managed to get in and goggled up in half the time on my second trip around.

It was always going to create capacity issues, whether these are thought to be acceptable or even expected, I guess only Merlin know at this point.

They go down to a single station for a two hour period on off peak days when staff have lunch.
I suffered an hour queue the first time I went on...
shouldn't have bothered when everything else was walk on.

Great minds think alike (though this pales in comparison)!
Had forgotten about this :blush: @Rob @djtruefitt @AstroDan @Sammy
50FCbLq.jpg
Need to get this on FB Russell!

My ride yesterday was bad, it started off find but as the craft progressed my headset got further and further out of sync, I told the host when we got back to the station and got given a priority pass which I don't need and didn't even report the fault.

Anyone else bored of Galactica now? I rode without headset today and it was fantastic. A paint job and a couple more physical theming elements (along with the portal) would have done the job for me.

I've not been on it much this year and I can't be bothered with the headsets now either. I wasn't a fan of Air before anyway, but given the choice between a dull conventional coaster and a dull gimmick with a hobbled throughput, I'll take the former.

I rode it friday with my daughter, the first ride was ok. the second ride was at 1650, my daughters head set failed and they gave us priority passes to my daughter, a red wristband user. and all queue were closed so, that token was useless

I rode it friday with my daughter, the first ride was ok. the second ride was at 1650, my daughters head set failed and they gave us priority passes to my daughter, a red wristband user. and all queue were closed so, that token was useless
I wouldn't really say it's useless as it can be used at anytime of the year and anyone can use it, so why don't you just use it next time you visit without her?

The six flags VR video is much better than Galactica. It covers your full vision even when looking all the way around and doesn't lag. They was sending trains half empty though as they couldn't get the headsets cleaned fast enough and handed back out to the next guests. They also automatically calibrate when you look forward and it sees the QR code on the back of the headrest in front of you. Because of this you can't use VR on the front row.

There is also a button on the side that lets you shoot at targets whilst going up the lift hill.

I tried Galactica for the first time today, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The queue was advertised at 60 minutes but the guy on the entrance told us it was 50. In reality it was just under 40. I really enjoyed looking at the changes to the area, particularly the inside of the station. I enjoyed the ride, it freaked me out a little and I'd like another ride to take more in, once used to the VR! It made it totally different, which is nice as I was bored of Air.

Two issues though: my friend's headset completely failed as soon as the ride moved out of the station, so she took it off and just rode Air. That's fine I guess, but it was her first time on Galactica too so it's a shame. She told the op when we got back who just shrugged, then a minute later got her a priority pass as we'd been on the second last train of the day so they were closed. The second issue, was that we were left dangling in the brake run for absolutely ages. I've been waiting there a while before on Air but this was far longer and people were getting incredibly uncomfortable. We weren't given any sort of explanation for the delay.