• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

They should add a queue similar to single riders, but call it the "air queue" for when the VR breaks, they can still have full crafts.
Or just add a Single rider queue to Galactica and every other coaster they've taken it away from!

So I though I would throw my opinion in the hat. Due to lets say dimensional issues which are now thankfully resolved I have never been on Air until my last trip to the park. I was very pleased to finally be able to get on and give it a try and excited to try out the VR. The day we visited it was fairly quiet so we were able to ride 3 in a row without much waiting time. First 2 times we rode with the VR on and i have to say i though it was all very good. To be honest i have used the samsung VR headsets at work and all the faults people have picked up with them such as the poor focusing and pixilation are inherent of the limitations of the device so are unfortunately to be expected on Galactica. On he 3rd ride we waited till the ride dispatched and then stowed our headsets so we could experience the air tunnel in all its glory, i have to say i can totally see why you guys have been complaining all these years! Anyway happy to report that the rest of the ride as Air was far far superior than when ridden as Galactica.

Long live Air!!!

rode Galactica for the first time today... i never liked Air.... thought it was boring.

This was a really well added benefit, it made the ride thrilling and i was excited on it. i thought the VR really added to the thrill.

Didn't seem to work too well for me. The headset was slipping off the whole way round and I couldn't get it in focus so I got really queasy by the end.
Will have to try it a few more times till I get it right as I still enjoyed it even having not been a big fan of air

If I ride as Galactica, I always strap it on tight but still hold on to it too. no matter how tight it is I always find it wobbles and vibrates all over the place :(

I did Alepnexpress VR again last week and it still works so much better. The headsets are far comfier, the VR is totally surrounding and the whole process is more efficient (although I'd still rather it not be used on coasters at EP).

The headsets also looked and smelt a lot cleaner than Galactica's.

:)

I'm going to AT two weeks on Saturday (2nd July). anyone else going on that day, by chance?

Last edited: