• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Tried galactica for the first time on Friday and I've got to say I was rather impressed with the whole experience except operations (worked out throughput at around about 450pph running 2 trains 1 station).

The area looks great and I love the new music although it was rather quiet. We joined the queue at the new photo bit (don't know what your meant to do with that though!) and took maybe 30-35 mins to get on. The queue seemed to not move for ages and then go a huge jump but don't know why. The station looked good as well but lacks an equivalent to assume the position prepare for air.

Once you get on you pull your harness down and are meant to wait for the host to hand the headset to you but I'm impatient so did it myself. When I took the headset out it was way too tight to fit around my head so had to loosen at the back. You then have to battle for the space in the restraint to reach the back of your head and move the headset until 'in focus' but for me it was always a bit blurry even having used the focus wheel.

Then with no warning and still with just the generic galactica logo on the screen you assume the position and when you reach about the switch track the vr actually kicks in. When on the lift hill I could see in the back of the image it faintly saying please stand by but don't know why. The experience was quite fantastic and much it doesn't look 'real' it still feels cool. Only advice would be hold onto the headset at the fly to lay where my headset nearly fell off.

I thoughrly enjoyed the experience and listening to people on the brake run people were very impressed but I feel with the amount of staff needed to keep the queue under an hour is just unstastanable

I've had a few goes on Galactica now. I think, as a whole this is one of those things that sounds great on paper but I don't believe that technology is quite ready just yet and clearly needed a lot more testing and development. Out of the 10 or so goes I've had on Galactica I'd say more than half of these I have had issues either with the headset or the visuals. When it works, It's great. But it needs working on a lot and if they're planning on adding more VR content I hope they fix the technical issues they're having along with it.

Will it last longer than a year? I believe so, yes. I can't see towers dumping this for quite some time. When waiting on the brake run I hear nothing but praise from the GP and even if throughputs are low (which they also need to look into improving) people are willing to re-ride and queue again for it.

I think the determining factor with regards to how long the VR stays on Galactica will be the amount of staff required to run the thing.

With this in mind, I seriously doubt we'll get to see the benefits of enhanced VR technology in a couple of years; especially when SW8 becomes the new headline attraction.

I'll be trying Galactica for the first time next Sunday, my friend and her mum went on Galactica five minutes ago and have given me their opinions. My friend said she doesn't think it is worth it, and that her mums didn't work at all! Not leaving me with much hope but ill judge it for myself I guess!

I'll be trying Galactica for the first time next Sunday, my friend and her mum went on Galactica five minutes ago and have given me their opinions. My friend said she doesn't think it is worth it, and that her mums didn't work at all! Not leaving me with much hope but ill judge it for myself I guess!
Depends on how long you wait if it's worth it for me I won't wait more than half an hour but the wait often exceeds an hour. It is also worth remembering that it is not full of forces and is a completely different experience from Nemmy and Blivy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Went on Galactica for the first time a few days ago. I wouldn't say it was absolutely the most ground-breaking experience I have ever had but it makes the ride experience better - I was overhearing conversations on the ride, many people kept moaning they preferred the ride without the goggles. They where not using station 2 which was annoying, considering the large queue. I wouldn't ride it more than once in a day.

Went on Galactica twice today, VR was a bit blurry but honestly thought it was a good experience and prefer it to Air, would still ride without the headset but I did enjoy it and it's now moved from my 5th favourite to my 3rd because of it!

Ive been to Towers today with my daughter and her friend (her first visit) We rode with VR for the first ride but she was disappointed as wondered what happened on the rollercoaster as didn't see. Second time rode as AIR, and she loved it!!! Interesting for a new visitor I thought

I know there have been complaints about how slow operations are on this, but when I went yesterday I thought they were actually rather quick! It was running 3 crafts on both sides all day though, but I'd say they were going out quite quickly when all the faff is considered!

I would say throughputs are probably similar to how Air was now that staff are quicker. I have been there often waiting for the train to go as the one in front hasn't gone yet.

However as soon as they lose any staff the throughput will be awful!

Throughput seems pretty damn slow when your waiting on the bridge, the station seems miles away!

I really wish they hadn't enclosed the bridge aswell, it feels very claustrophobic now IMO...

Last edited:
I would say throughputs are probably similar to how Air was now that staff are quicker. I have been there often waiting for the train to go as the one in front hasn't gone yet.

However as soon as they lose any staff the throughput will be awful!
Really I was there last Monday and it took 2 minutes from when the train stopped in station to when it left. Not at the same levels as Air from what I can remember.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Theoretical capacity for Air on 1 station was 28 craft/hr, sounds like they were doing about 20, which isn't too bad considering.

On opening weekend it was on 2 craft 2 stations with very similar throughput to what they'll get on 1 station now.