• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Posted on Alton Facebook Page

"Riders on board Galactica were given the chance to become Major Tim Peake for 189 seconds as they flew across the 840 metre track, reaching 3.5 G’s and travelling up for 75 km per hour.
Major Peake will return back to Earth today, after spending over six months on the International Space Station!"

13413005_10154057841006201_5499073042289992208_n.jpg

13419181_10154057841066201_4186131819814476699_n.jpg

The guy on the left look like the 'delivery man' from tim peak headset photo a few weeks back.

Don't know what their doing, but operations today are pathetic. About 9 staff on the whole ride and loading only two riders per row, despite a half hour queue. Absolutely pathetic.

Don't know what their doing, but operations today are pathetic. About 9 staff on the whole ride and loading only two riders per row, despite a half hour queue. Absolutely pathetic.
what's the weather like there? could that be a reason?

They had big issues yesterday with VR not working on pretty much one whole craft. So I imagine if they aren't filling all seats, it's probably VR not working on those seats.

It looks like as soon after I got off they started loading full rows or rows of three. Didn't get more staff on as far as I'm aware though, such a slow moving queue.

Tried it as air again today for the first time since the retheme. We were put on the front row and my headset smelt really bad, so I thought I might as well just do air. It's really weird being the only person without a headset on, you can see the people below you watching you, and I even saw two pheasants sat right below the track. Portal looks nice from on the ride, especially on the front row.

No idea what they were doing this morning though. Staff looked clueless, putting one pair per row and splitting up any larger groups. Didn't look like anything to do with the vr, since the staff weren't telling people which seats to sit in.moved painfully slowly though in the queue.

Which part of the headset smelt bad? The actual bit that gets cleaned or the outside bit?
I'm not sure, but it was sticking to my face...

Think it was the bit that gets cleaned, but it didn't smell (or feel) like it had been cleaned. It was like putting your face right into the smilers restraints.