• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

It becomes a very repetitive and dull experience once you've done the VR numerous times, which is why they need to invest in more films.

I will not wear my headset for the foreseeable future, nor will I be forced to do so.

According to people commenting on the new TV advert which AT have placed on Facebook this morning, some are saying they have since tried to ride it without the VR and been told they have to wear it else get off the ride.

I like the advert. It has hints of the orginal air ad in it. The lack of pushing book early savings or cost is refreshing

Towers are all over the place with whether you have to wear the VR headsets.

First of all it was optional, then compulsory yet now on social media they are saying "We do recommend that all guests ride with the headsets". So that sounds more optional again.

Things are never straight forward with Alton Towers!

:)

The more you demand that people do something the less they want to do it.

It should be optional and I don't know why they're changing their tune now. A bit out of order really.

Might be true, might not, but I read earlier on Facebook that someone didnt wear it, and on the ride, the pouch opened and the headset flew out and hit the guy in the face on the lay on your back bit. Maybe thats why if its true...

No idea why they are demanding now that it's compulsory. They can't control what people do once they leave the station, and if anything, it will be more dangerous people trying to take it off mid ride.

Might be true, might not, but I read earlier on Facebook that someone didnt wear it, and on the ride, the pouch opened and the headset flew out and hit the guy in the face on the lay on your back bit. Maybe thats why if its true...
Then surely this would mean that those with medical conditions which mean they are unable to use VR can no longer ride. I take everything people say on facebook with a large pinch of salt, especially if they question that safety of a ride. I have No idea why they've made this decision. All they're doing is making it less re-rideable.

Towers have confirmed anyone with a medical condition will be able to ride without the headset.

Towers have confirmed anyone with a medical condition will be able to ride without the headset.
Pretty much everybody has some sort of medical condition! I have asthma... unless they go on to stipulate every blooming thing they can think of what is feasible and what isn't (which would be even pettier) then I can't see the point in even bringing medical conditions up as their only reason.... there's something else underlying here but they obviously don't want to talk about it

I have to give them credit for this!

Galactic is not just a World First... it''s the first in the Universe.

How did we not see this coming?

Let's hope the Zeta Reticulans 11.6 light years from earth don't already have a VR coaster on the planet Zorg, or they could sue.

As for riding it without the head set, just get on it and say that you can't wear it due to medical reasons. they aren't going to argue and ask you to prove it, it's as simple as that!

Perhaps they are suggesting its compulsory so they can maintain their weak claim of the ride being "fully dedicated to VR".

If it was optional it would be just like any other ride with VR.