• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

My other half just said she will get on it and refuse the headset.....the conversation will go like this...

"Put the headset on"

"i'm not wearing it due to a medical condition"

"What condition do you have?"

"None of your business"

I wonder if they'll tie it to the wristbands you get for the disabled entrances? It's all well and good saying you won't wear the headset but if they say you have to wear it you either wear it or don't ride. For better or worse it's no longer Air, it's Galactica and Galactica needs a headset to be worn.

Not sure how they can tie it to the wristbands, some medical conditions that would stop you from wearing VR wouldn't be covered by wrist bands! I'm sure they won't push the issue if you are insistent that you don't want to wear a headset

Just tell them it gives you a migraine (which it probably will for me) job done.

again I'm under the suspicion that either something has happened on ride or H&S have told them the storage pouches are insufficient at keeping the headsets in the pouches during the ride...

The throughput is honestly dire for this. The dispatches were so so so slow. The VR was good but the content felt really rushed, also my headset seemed very blurry and I couldn't get it to focus at all
Did you watch the very handsome guy in the preshow videos and to your left and right once you put your headset on to show you how to adjust the focus?

Well this has turned out to be an even bigger atrocity than first expected lol :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Why can't Towers management ever just make a decision, stick to it, and make sure ALL staff are aware of the rules.

And I agree that VR should be a choice. Not everyone wants a sweaty, used 6" screen stuck to their face.

:) Not so sure about first in the Universe. There are 400 billion stars in our Galaxy and over a trillion galaxies with a similar number of stars in the universe.

Across the void of space, minds immeasurably greater than ours will have used alien technology to create coasters we can only imagine. Somewhere out there an alien JW with green skin, 2 heads and 8 arms is working on a new SW.

I reckon there must be few hundred million coasters out there. Feel sad that I will never see them.

Bet none of them are as good as Nemmy though...:)

That's it, no more cheese for me.

I'm so confused about yes or no VR. I've been on it once and it made me feel quite sick, and I was dizzy and felt sick etc. for at least an hour after. I swore by not wearing the headset, but it looks like there is no option now. I now understand that a medical condition can make you exempt, and I do have RAP. Anything else? I'd love some more input and advice

I'm so confused about yes or no VR. I've been on it once and it made me feel quite sick, and I was dizzy and felt sick etc. for at least an hour after. I swore by not wearing the headset, but it looks like there is no option now. I now understand that a medical condition can make you exempt, and I do have RAP. Anything else? I'd love some more input and advice
Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. :)

If you say you have a medical condition then they can't exactly make you wear it. If they do (which they shouldn't...) then, as others have said, wear it then after the craft has left the station, take the headset off. Nothing they can do about it.

:)

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. :)

If you say you have a medical condition then they can't exactly make you wear it. If they do (which they shouldn't...) then, as others have said, wear it then after the craft has left the station, take the headset off. Nothing they can do about it.

:)

Thats what I was thinking... I was tempted to take it off when I was feeling sick

Well, they certainly forced us to wear the headsets today!

In other news, I'm becoming more and more fond of Galactica the more I ride it. It's particularly fun if you manage to calibrate it slightly off-centre! :p

Wait till there is an epileptic fit on the ride. Where it comes out in the papers that they declined to wear and where forced to use it.
One misunderstanding and this can happen

Wait till there is an epileptic fit on the ride. Where it comes out in the papers that they declined to wear and where forced to use it.
One misunderstanding and this can happen

If Towers are making it clear (through a sign or something) that the ride may not suitable for people with epilepsy etc then they should be covered on that front shouldn't they? They have that warning on lots of rides if I'm not mistaken. Rider beware etc....

Like you say, one misunderstanding and something awful could happen, I can't disagree with that.

You would hope that someone suffering from such a condition would check to see if it was suitable for them though, and also that the staff would be suitably trained to recognize that this sort of condition requires special dispensation. However, then you would get some people who would argue that if some are allowed to ride without VR, then what's the major issue if they don't? Personally, it wouldn't bother me if someone with a condition was allowed this privilege, but also, if I wanted to ride without, I would simply take off the headset and hold it after leaving the station at some point.

I think @Danny was told that people with medical conditions can ride without headsets.
it really depends what medical conditions they are talking about, as people with certain medical conditions wouldn't even be allowed to ride it without the VR.