• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Liking the pictures on TS instagram tonight of the steampunk concept. Would look good if they implemented it in a refurb.

Wonder why they canned that theme? 9/11?
Not sure why it was dropped, but it was not after 9/11.

The flying machine theme seemed to have been dropped sometime around March 2001, that when they went full throttle with the Oasis concept.

Not sure why it was dropped, but it was not after 9/11.

The flying machine theme seemed to have been dropped sometime around March 2001, that when they went full throttle with the Oasis concept.

Ah so it’s just conveniently the same year. Fair enough.
To be honest I think it would have suited the ride better. Maybe it was too expensive to theme properly so they went with landscaping.

The old air sign with the rockwork to me was iconic and I'll die on the hill that the air music is one of the best pieces of theme park music made

I’d crawl over broken glass for the full suite of air music, even considered reaching out to Ian Habgood with a begging bowl.

The fact we’ve only ever had the 3min 27 soundtrack from the themed audio CD is criminal and it’s going to be lost to history soon

I’d crawl over broken glass for the full suite of air music, even considered reaching out to Ian Habgood with a begging bowl.

The fact we’ve only ever had the 3min 27 soundtrack from the themed audio CD is criminal and it’s going to be lost to history soon
I'd like to see what Ian would do if he'd compose an extended version of the 3min 27 one! I've always loved his music he's done for the parks, particularly Airs and Colossus. That being said, it'd be nice to hear airs soundtrack playing again, as for the reasons people have previously stated above.

Last edited:
The whole logo is just a 2D Leek Signs job, this is like when The Smiler had its entrance sign replaced in 2016 (ironically the year this one was first built) and it was such a downgrade back then. Doesn't match with new management and seems like something old management would so. Seems as though something more it still planned for Galactica.

They're only doing the bare minimum to make it look presentable for another season where it'll receive new attention before some revamp alongside Project Ocean next year. It's looking like the new underpass will be how the majority of people will reach Galactica when that opens.

The whole logo is just a 2D Leek Signs job, this is like when The Smiler had its entrance sign replaced in 2016 (ironically the year this one was first built) and it was such a downgrade back then. Doesn't match with new management and seems like something old management would so. Seems as though something more it still planned for Galactica.

They're only doing the bare minimum to make it look presentable for another season where it'll receive new attention before some revamp alongside Project Ocean next year. It's looking like the new underpass will be how the majority of people will reach Galactica when that opens.
could be like nemesis sub terra waiting for the 3d sign to be made

Yeah, the signs look really cheap, even the wording are no longer props now. Funny you mention Project Ocean, the name does kind of fit the original concept art, especially with the heavy intended use of water features. Makes me wonder if Air/Galactica is potentially involved with this project as well as the new flat ride, though its highly unlikely.

normal_air_concept_art_04.jpgnormal_air_concept_art_03.jpg

Yeah, the signs look really cheap, even the wording are no longer props now. Funny you mention Project Ocean, the name does kind of fit the original concept art, especially with the heavy intended use of water features. Makes me wonder if Air/Galactica is potentially involved with this project as well as the new flat ride, though its highly unlikely.

normal_air_concept_art_04.jpgnormal_air_concept_art_03.jpg
that does give me an idea, everyone says galactica or air didn't fit in the area, but maybe project ocean is to expand galactica's area into forbidden valley, sort of splitting it into northern FV with nemesis and Southern FV with galactica and project ocean

Best case I’m hoping for is something kraken VIBES from POTC.

Hopefully they add phalanx decals and an Easter egg on the side for the flight name?

They could even add in the sound affect from the end of fireworks.

We’ll see

The fact that the sign has been fixed with a 2D non-illuminated replacement is likely for 2 reasons:
  1. A relatively short turnaround in getting a new sign
  2. Decent chance of Galactica having further work for the 2025 season, so no point spending more than you need to on a sign
Good to see that it has been jet washed before the new season!

The full suite? Sorry, I'm confused...the 3min 27 soundtrack is the full soundtrack and it was on loop around the area. There was only one audio track with an edit of the more "ambient part" serving as the background loop for the pre-flight boarding instructions.

Back to Galactica...it has had its time and the park know it too. They butchered the new theme from its launch in 2016 and this continued over the years - what is left is an absolute state. A nice gentle revert to Air in 2025 would be a good option wouldn't it? We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
The full suite? Sorry, I'm confused...the 3min 27 soundtrack is the full soundtrack and it was on loop around the area. There was only one audio track with an edit of the more "ambient part" serving as the background loop for the pre-flight boarding instructions.

Funnily enough I was going through my drive the other day and found a piece of audio for Air that seems to be by Pitstop from their 2007 project. I didn't know about this until the start of the week!

I assume this was only used for the one season, maybe in the shop until it closed - to be honest I'm not sure. All I know for certain is that it must be Pitstop, as it has the theme they used for the park throughout (the same tune that was in Towers Street, Monorail, Katanga Canyon, Waterpark etc.).

Going off topic (sorry mods). But yes, Air has seen multiple themes. They changed Air's theme in 2006 to the London Eye original theme back when it was BA London Eye - this theme returned briefly in the ticket hall around around 2006/7 I believe. After this, with the birth of a new resort theme and Towers Street suite, Air too was part of this change along with Rita, Nemesis etc. It was short lived however and the original Air theme returned a season later.

You could hear parts of the 2007 theme on Skyride too for a few seasons.

An alternative edit of the above (which is floating online) has been played on the pathway between GW and FV along with being played in the old fish and chips building in FV over a few seasons.

Last edited: