• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

That has to be the perfect photo to sum up Alton Towers at the moment - rotten, 20 year old theming held together with polyfilla and covered over with a vinyl wrap.

I'm surprised half of walliams world doesn't look like this given how many half arsed makeovers it's had over the years.

Last edited:
That has to be the perfect photo to sum up Alton Towers at the moment - rotten, 20 year old theming held together with polyfilla and covevered over with a vinyl wrap.

I'm surprised half of walliams world doesn't look like this given how many half arsed makeovers it's had over the years.
I think this might be the legacy of the older administration of AT, an administration who wanted to simply kill the past by plastering a fake half-arsed brightly coloured facade over it.

@EarthlyKnight27 your so right. What is so clear though is that the park management have at least 10 years of under investment, cheap tat and bad maintenance to tidy up. We should really be forgetting Horizon and willing them to tidy the park up.
Well, with the news of Universal coming, this should give AT the shot of adrenaline it needs to invest in their rides like Galactica. As it surely does need it. Hell, I just hope next season they try to at least tidy up Galactica so it doesn't look almost semi-abandoned.

What seems to be even more odd/shambolic is they’ve put fences up all around. Maintenance have walked past it, area managers have walked past it and nobody’s thought to tidy it up.

Instead it’s just left looking a shambles

What seems to be even more odd/shambolic is they’ve put fences up all around. Maintenance have walked past it, area managers have walked past it and nobody’s thought to tidy it up.

Instead it’s just left looking a shambles

Probably got something on order, or it was changing anyway

Hi, so this a question that i have been thinking about for a while now but does any one have any pictures/experiences of the extended queue for air/galactica? (I've attached a screen shot increase some people are confused) like it seems like it hasn't been used for years and I'm really curious to see how far back it goes.

Many thanks,
Ryan

1703546620157.png
(Times stamped 1:21-1:25)

You can see the outline of the extended queue on satellite. From the turnback you posted, it does a loop through the trees short of the Galactica entrance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231225-233142.png
    Screenshot_20231225-233142.png
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 92
It started slipping off the slope and they didn't need it so canned it. Would rather they used that pen than the steep one near the brake run.

I still think Galactica will get a refresh/rebrand but I suspect it will come next year along with the new flat. Not based on anything concrete, but I heard a few rumblings about a retheme coming late last year and while nothing major looks to be happening yet, I also heard a ripsaw replacement was coming around the same time and that seems to have been true. I suspect the changes for 2025 will include a forbidden valley phase 2.

Lot of work to be done to get the ride ready

Wonder if…..well… they next season go with the original theme and the tunnel gets themed
If only... the concept art for its original theme looked really promising, but knowing Merlin and how they like their Gloomy themes, I'd rather not build my hopes up.