• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Game Remakes

I'm hoping Nintendo remaster some more Zelda games for the Switch. There have been rumours of both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker being remastered, but so far neither have come to fruition. There's no smoke without fire though, and maybe next year when TotK will have been out for long enough we might see something.

Seeing as both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker had HD remasters on the Wii U you’d think that it would fairly straightforward and quite an obvious thing to do to get them out on the Switch. But unfortunately Nintendo often doesn’t do what would seem like the obvious thing or put out what the fans would love to see. You’d also think that a classic Zelda RPG maker in the style of Super Mario Maker would be a great thing to do as well.

I’d love to see Jet Set Radio get either a modern remake or a sequel.

And it’s a pity that the studio (Vicarious Visions) that did Tony Hawk Remastered 1 + 2 closed does before they could do remasters of the third and fourth games, the remaster job they did on the first two was stellar.
Yeah would love a TH3/4 Remastered. The first two are great but a bit too basic. 3 and 4 made the game a lot more replayable.

Alcatraz :hearteyes:

Pandemonium, from the same sort of place as Klonoa, but with acid trip backgrounds...which was brilliant, even for a sad middle aged man who can only manage a couple of buttons and a joystick (oh matron).
Just about to upgrade my Vita for a PS4...so a whole new range of 2d platform retro fun awaits.
Never clever enough for 3d platformers, I am highly skilled at jumping into fresh air instead of little platform islands in 3d.
And bring back Manic Miner.
My eldest son loves 2d platformers, as do I since they were the bread and butter games I was brought up on. He's managed to do what I haven't in 34 years of trying and actually completed Alex Kidd in Miracle World. He got in to it when he enjoyed the recent remake.

But I found absolutely bizzare, is that he managed to do the whole thing using the anoglogue sticks and not the D-pad! How on earth can anyone play 2d games using analogue and not the D-pad? My brain just wouldn't be able to do it?