• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland July 2024

BooMT

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Sucker for a B&M!
We've recently returned from a trip to Italy where we visited Gardaland. Didn't have enough to write a full trip report (I know y'all are thanking the Theme Park Gods right now 🤣) but thought I'd offer a brief run-down.

There are some really impressive theming pieces, very clean park throughout, well-maintained with a good line-up (although a couple of the rides are 'one and done' for me)! The staff were upbeat, friendly & helpful and a great F&B offering too although we only stopped for snacks (Candy apple, fruit pot, donuts). Ops were top, dispatching trains/boats like no tomorrow - very busy park but main queues were reasonable, don't think we saw anything over 1hr.

It was a bit of a quick stop for us as only me & my eldest went during a brief opportunity on the second day of holiday (turned out to be the first day as we were denied boarding on our original flight! 🙄). We opted for the chaperoned VIP package to make sure we experienced everything we wanted to during our small window of time! It was a step above similar packages we've booked in the UK for special occasions allowing us to stay on for re-rides as many times as we wanted (even in front row but we were put off repeatedly doing this because it felt unfair to other guests), got to pick our seats on every ride, taken through 'no access' routes etc - we also chose to invite our host, Viktoria, to ride with us the entire time which apparently never happens! Here's what we managed:

Fuga da Atlantide - Undeniably stunning theming work throughout on this ride. Hard to believe this opened in 2003 - it's immaculate! Couple of decent drops with huge waves either side of the boat but really didn't get wet at all until we came around the last corner and the dreaded spectator water guns were blasted directly into everyone's faces 😂 the ride experience felt a bit awkward between drops, no audio, quite slow moving but again, beautiful ride.
Jungle Rapids - Soaked. Could literally wring out my trousers and water poured out of them - most drenched I've been on any rapids 😂 Lovely theming, fast pacing, wet and punchy. Those waterfalls are unforgiving! Loved it!

Mammut - Was hoping for some Colorado Adventure flashbacks but got a broken back instead 😂 Sat back row, pacing was jaggedy, a couple of real rough spots but fun all the same. Was one of the more tired looking coasters.

Kung-fu Panda - Dire in every conceivable way.

Jumanji - Interesting ride, son enjoyed it a lot but I felt like it was missing a little something? The storyline sees you lose lives but there's no interactives to play into this. Still fun, with some cool effects, nicely themed and seems like a hit as was busy!

Wolf Legend - Completely as you'd expect in terms of experience - it is what it is. It looks great, especially placed in the middle of Shaman - nice addition to the park and ties well into the area.

Shaman - Son absolutely loved this, he placed it as one of his favourites but I thought it was 85% pain (age is catching me!) 😂 It did nothing for me other than give me a headache but a creds a cred!

Space Vertigo - Surprised both of us how forceful the drop on this was! I hadn't been fussed about getting on this one but glad we did!

Blue Tornado - Opted out of this... I know better than to put myself through a SLC these days 😂 Son went on with the host and his first words after disembarking were "I can see why you didn't want to go on that... is there a hospital nearby? Gad'dam I need some milk!" 🤣

Raptor - Decent! As a fan of the Winged coaster it was good to finally experience the prototype! It's like Raptor walked so Swarm could run... everything on Raptor feels dialled down a little - I've gained a new appreciation for the drive drop on Swarm! A solid coaster, thoroughly enjoyed front row, just wish the splash effects were on.

Oblivion - Yes. 1000% yes! Superior to it's older sister in every way (other than height), best on park for us! Did a back2back front row.

Overall, we had a lovely time, it would have been great to have more time to fully immerse & explore in detail but happy to get so much done in 3hrs. In our opinion, our limited experience with Gardaland showed Merlin in a positive light ✨️ Whilst there's nothing particularly edgy or groundbreaking, it's a lovely park and one we'd like to return to one day!