• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gary Lineker: Asylum policy comments and the BBC

There's now talk of the commentators boycotting. And perhaps more significantly, the players not giving post match interviews to the BBC.

Yes, I also believe this Tom. As you've said, it probably won't be enough to bring about another Tory government. Not enough people (including myself) will forgive them for the absolute calamity and the, to be honest, potentially fraudulant activity they've been upto. I'm the middle ground none genius, not too stupid (I hope) floating voter. My impression is that this Tory party is finished now, as I also said on this forum a year or two back. Labour will smash into power at the next elections.
They can only come back through pseudo-fascism now, but even then they'll be up against it given the mountain they've created to climb. In the next year or so, expect more on gender/sex education issues etc in both schools and in law, and maybe even the ultimate final desperation card of bringing back the death penalty.

Odds on it being unable to air at all? Must be getting close to the button pressers walking at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares, really? They don't even show live games (except for crappy cup ones that 97% of the time no-one's interested in). Other than that they show highlights that most people have already seen throughout the day (if they're not over 56 years of age). MOTD on Sunday morning can s**k my balls as well as that's always on too early. The best thing Gary can do next week is do a live vlog from a haunted house somewhere in Staffordshire.

We should draw up names of all those who would have stepped in Gary's place if asked.

1, Jake "the ego" Humphrey
2, Matt " the vaccine will turn us all gay" Le Tiss
3,Holly and Phil
4, Rylan,

Reactions: Tom
We should draw up names of all those who would have stepped in Gary's place if asked.

1, Jake "the ego" Humphrey
2, Matt " the vaccine will turn us all gay" Le Tiss
3,Holly and Phil
4, Rylan,

1_Richard-keys-fulhamJPG.jpg

So Football Focus is gone,
Final Score is gone,
Match of the day is highlights only.
They are supposed to be showing Women's Super League Chelsea V Man United tomorrow afternoon, will they have the staff to run that?
What a mess!

9. Amanda Thompson

Fascinating and unexpected to see all this play out and snowball so rapidly. Heartening, even. Of course, the press will still spin the defectors as lazy national traitors, but to see this many widely recognised public figures take a stand, many typically more ‘neutral’ than Lineker, does suggest the wind is blowing even further in the opposite direction than the government would like to acknowledge. I hope this galvanises the BBC somewhat.

12. Fearne Cotton. Imagine how excited she could pretend to be about all the goaly things and stuff. Wow!! So amazing!!

The whole irony of this situation is if the BBC had just ridden it out then the whole thing would probably have blown over by now. Instead they've made the thing a hundred times worse and it shows no sign of abating

It's interesting that none of these people refused to take their highly paid presenting trips to Qatar for the world cup where many people had died and been exploited in the build-up (talking about the situation for 20 minutes before the first game just doesn't cut it). They've all suddenly found their morals because their mate has had a ticking off. Just interesting to think about.