• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

It's my car to the hotel that I need.....

They've categorically stated that no cars will have access during those times at fireworks....

If you can gain access then tell people to go to security.

The towers Facebook team have been great to be honest and will get someone to call tomorrow, can't fault them there

Sorry I think ive misunderstood your issue.

I though you were driving out to watch the football then returning when they may have closed the main entry gates. At which point you can go to the security entrance who will let you in.

But now im not so sure, but it seems youre on it anyway.

After fireworks until around 11pm they have three lanes out of traffic. There's literally no way to drive to the Hotel, because they prioritise guests leaving the Resort.

After 11pm, absolutely fine. Before fireworks, absolutely fine too.

unless security guide vehicles on their access roads (the one which runs around the back of Oblivion etc), i've heard of it been done before and there has to be at least one access incase of emergency services needing to get in/out.

They might be blocking all access into the grounds just for traffic management around the fireworks show. They will have to allow access in for emergency vehicles, but maybe it's just a case of the roads being restricted just to that and nothing else.

Have you given the hotels a ring? If you haven't giving them a ring might help as they may let you know a way around it. The pre-arrival emails will just be standardized things so talking to someone at the resort should shed more light.

The hotel is contacting me tomorrow. Thing is the football finishes just before 5 in Manchester so there's no way I'll be back before they close the resort to incoming traffic.....

I'm sure they'll sort something, they're normally pretty good. I appreciate the responses

Hopefully they will sort something for you. As has been said, some access to the resort has to be possible for emergency vehicles, security and so on.

It's not too surprising that the entry restriction isn't mentioned when booking though. After all, most people arrive in the morning and if you're staying at the time of the fireworks they equally wouldn't expect you to be arriving whilst the show is on.

Depending who you're supporting @Graeme , fireworks would be more enjoyable. Or I could save you the trouble of watching and tell you the score in advance... (6-1)

Given the cost of staying in the hotel over that weekend, its a bit bizarre they cannot allow access to the hotel, or, at the very least, give you a shuttle service from your car in the security car park to the hotel, and then back again to pick it up the next day.

Thanks Smudge, I'll cancel the football! (Supporting Manchester United so your prediction is just about spot on!)

They called and said I could park in the security car park and make my way down to the hotel.

Call me over sensitive but I'm paying a premium price to stay and can't even park outside the hotel, so I cancelled the stay ( they tried to charge me the £25 cancellation fee but I got that waived)

If the park doesn't have the infrastructure then don't run events like this. I'm sure if they put their mind to it they could've got my car down to the car park but sod them.....

£240 a night was steep enough even with the parking at the hotel!

It's a shame you had to cancel your stay. They should have at least offered transportation from your car to the hotel. The sad reality though is that they could fill that room 20x times over on fireworks night with people who are not arriving late.

And as a United fan myself @Graeme I'm mighty jealous that you will be there. After Chelsea, it should be a good contest. Enjoy.

Actually if the monorail was operating it would have been a pretty quick journey to the hotels, and there would have been nowhere safer to park your car than next to the security lodge.

I completely see your disappointment in the infrastructure, but for the sake of 3 nights a year I can see why Alton arent going to change restricting thousands of people exiting to assist a handful coming in - where there is a plan (to park at security) in place.

Sorry to hear you've cancelled, its a great time to miss.

Security car park seemed a good compromise under the circumstances, it's such a busy weekend, coming in against the traffic that way would have been difficult and potentially dangerous.

Some things about Towers was bad today, wasn't impressed, but at least they did hold their hands up and admit openly it wasn't good enough.

Monorail didn't seem like a bad idea, although it's only an hour from. Manchester if you end up with the crowds queuing after the fireworks it's rather frustrating.

The point is that it's not just a £50 a night stay, it's £240 so you would think they might've come up with a lift from the security office to the hotel?

I remember (yes I'll make the comparison here) my first stay at Europa park....

"Sorry but we can't process your new annual pass in the hotel, I've called you a car to take you round to the office"

Could've just said "it's the other side of the park just walk round"

Or look at it another way, I live down south (yeah most united supporters do) and if I was initially checking in on the Saturday, potentially I could get caught in traffic and be there after half 6, meaning I couldn't get the car in until 11. That'd mean carrying all my luggage to the monorail and back to the hotel!

So the customer, service manager contacted me.

Getting a lift via security to the hotel wouldn't have been an option and also a note or email to say I could effectively "fast track" the monorail wouldn't have been an option.......

Excellence in customer service huh???? Hmmmmm......

Edit: watch this space

Last edited: