• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

For all the things they do wrong, they do at times do their best to put things right. That's what thankfully sets Towers apart from the likes of THORPE who nowadays don't actually seem to give a toss about guest satisfaction (what's that?)

When you look at thorpes queue times and selling of fast track they don't but I've found them always to be just as helpful....not that I've had any major issues

Unless thorpe manages to make the park significantly bigger then it always will have, yeah the operation of the rides isn't always top notch but you could say the same about Towers....

I get they over sell fast track but where towers have the space people spend more time walking from ride to ride.

Personally I wouldn't touch thorpe with a 10 foot barge pole if you want a decent ride count at fright nights

Unless thorpe manages to make the park significantly bigger then it always will have, yeah the operation of the rides isn't always top notch but you could say the same about Towers....

OK from time to time that may be true, Smiler seemed awful the other day, and even Nemesis at times was just constantly stacking on a busy day. For me though they're rare, I don't think it's at all fair to compare the way the two parks generally operate their rides.

There are exceptions, I must confess it did cross my mind if this was a ploy to get more fast track sold, I did just notice one or two things about how it was working that was making me wonder, I hope these were just coincidence...

That being said, even stacking Nemesis was not as bad as near 4 MINUTE dispatch single train operation with Fast Track being sold like we encountered on MAP fright night preview last year!

Oh, and trying to send out trains with restraints still open.

So, no not really, I don't think you can say the same about Towers.

Guys, this has gone majorly off hotel discussion now. Feel free to create a new topic to discuss this further though :)

Guys, this has gone majorly off hotel discussion now. Feel free to create a new topic to discuss this further though :)

Wow. I didn't even realise this was the hotel topic I just replied thinking it was THORPE park lol!

Back onto the hotels. I still have yet to actually stay in one. Am I the only person left on here who hasn't?

Back onto the hotels. I still have yet to actually stay in one. Am I the only person left on here who hasn't?

:astonished:

I don't think I know any AT enthusiast that hasn't stayed in the hotels at least once lol.

Mind you, with how high the prices are I don't blame anyone who has never stayed in one. :p

:astonished:

I don't think I know any AT enthusiast that hasn't stayed in the hotels at least once lol.

Mind you, with how high the prices are I don't blame anyone who has never stayed in one. :p

Last time I checked, the beds don't have launches, or inversions, or loops, or restraints (well, not the ones I've seen, though you lot have probably fashioned something up :D) - and to be fair, that's why I visit.

It has become more appealing lately though.

Prices are way to high for us normal folk to stay in the hotel ...or is that just because I'm poor :/ lol

The hotel's only real draw is the convinience of being on site. They offer nothing you couldn't get at a Premier Inn.

It's all very well staying in the hotels if you have found a cheap rate, but then you have no option but to use the hotel's bars and restaurants, which are rather expensive. It all adds up.

The only time I would consider staying in the hotel would be on the final day of the season, when it's really cheap for Towers, then have the next day in the water park or golf or something.

If you plan beforehand you can just bulk buy some cheap alcohol and do what usually students do. Drink all the cheap stuff then only pay for one or two drinks when you're actually at the bar.

My family used to take a packed lunch to the hotels to eat on the one night too, just to save spending a fortune in the restaurants. Or now we just have something at Eastern Express in the park, which is pretty good for prices and the food tastes nice.

The hotels are overpriced, although sometimes you can get a lucky offer that is pretty reasonable.

I generally stay during weekdays when I get a room for £95 a night, I actually find that with the MAP discount that the food and drink is reasonably priced, just over £3 a pint is cheaper than some of my local pubs.

As already been said, the hotels real draw is the convenience factor but they're usually more than pleasant to stay in, I'm a much bigger fan of the ATH then splash as the climate is horrendous at splash.

The actual quality of the food (especially in the secret garden) isn't bad either....flambos reminds me of school dinners though

Hotels are about to get a whole lot cheaper..

Closed season is approaching! Plus the bar prices are absolutely fine, they're good pricing actually. Try and stay in ANY hotel and you'll find them more expensive than what Towers charges (plus Annual Pass discount makes it cheaper than some pubs in local area too). Lovely. If there's anything they shouldn't be touching, or that is good as it is, it's the bar pricing.

We do always moan about the constant price rises on park, yet i'm sure the prices in the bars haven't really changed in the past few years. i'm sure the cocktails have been the same price for ages! I just wish they had a few more cocktail and drink options. There used to be loads until they brought all the pre-made drinks in, they used to have things like vodka slush, but now that has gone (unless you pay for them both on their own).

However one thing that has always annoyed me when staying over and drinking in the bars is how rude the staff often are. It's sometimes as if they don't want you to spend money they!

For example on Sunday night we were sat near Dragon bar when the staff pulled the doors across and told us it was time to leave. And it's always the same there. Why don't they ring for last orders? Or even let you finish your drink where you are, instead they rudely ask you to move on.

Then over to Splash, I don't know if it is part of their training but most of the staff are rude and so slow. It is as if they don't want you to have a drink and spend your money. On Sunday some people in our group were asked if they were staying over and even if they were driving home that night. My question would be we are in a bar in a hotel at about midnight, surely we would be staying over? The bar then often just suddenly closes (when it likes) with no warning, why not just do a last orders bell like every other bar in the country. At least then people can buy a last drink.

You've got a good point. On Sunday night/Monday morning (I forget which, as I was a bit drunk at the time :p), I went to the bar and got a drink, but the guy who served me seemed to have a bit of an attitude problem. He put no effort into making the drink whatsoever - instead of mixing it in a cocktail shaker, he just poured the alcohol and the pre-mix base into a glass, then shoved a stirrer in (the wrong way around, may I add), with a couple of straws, before then just shoving the drink in front of me. He just didn't seem to care at all, and it really annoyed me. In terms of making drinks, the other bar staff were completely fine. I did find it a bit odd, however, when I had a couple of drinks in the afternoon and didn't get asked for ID, but in the evening after the park had closed, I was asked for my ID on almost every occasion! :p