• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

In May myself and my family stayed in one of the explorer rooms at the hotel, they all thought it was great but agreed the bathroom could do with an upgrade. Also my friends stayed there and loved it.

If they make the gp public happy and they are still selling rooms at that price no problem, it isn't like they will change much.

The difference between the bathrooms in the explorer rooms and the moon voyager rooms is huge. And I wouldn't say the moon voyager bathrooms are outstanding, just the standard you'd expect. The explorer rooms all need updating.

The Explorer bathrooms were all re-done a year or so ago?

Were they not!?

The bathrooms are the same as Moon Voyagers, without the Moon Voyage-ness.

I guess you get what you pay for... double the price, double the amount of disappointment

That's generally my experience of Towers and everything Merlin. The more you pay, the more they disappoint.

Give it a couple of years and they'll ask people to bring their own bedding (remember where you heard it first).

Already happening, since they coudn't even supply heating in the last room I stayed in I had to head back to the car for additional blankets which we always take on road trips.

In May myself and my family stayed in one of the explorer rooms at the hotel, they all thought it was great but agreed the bathroom could do with an upgrade. Also my friends stayed there and loved it.

If they make the gp public happy and they are still selling rooms at that price no problem, it isn't like they will change much.

We stayed in an explorer room for fireworks and the bathroom seemed brand new, it was very well done and looked pristine. So I think they have fixed that issue.

Alton Towers Hotel advertising new arctic explorer rooms "New themed rooms coming soon to the Alton Towers hotel" Sounds intresting!

Interesting, I'd imagine these will be similar to the Moon Voyager themed rooms. Good to see they are continuing with the upgrades, it was said a while back that they planned to do the whole hotel eventually with new themed rooms.

:)

AT finally replied to a negative comment on the FB page about hotel prices.

"We are so sorry to hear of your disappointment with the prices for a short break. Prices do fluctuate regularly based on demand and whilst we can see that your particular example represents an increase in price, there are many dates available at lower prices. If you'd like to pm us, we can sure see what we can do for you.

P.s. We've got lots of exciting developments in the pipeline for the Theme Park, including new additions for Cbeebies Land, a new rollercoaster for 2018 and more beyond that in 2019!"

So basically there will be just one date in the year that costs less than the rest. So it's all fine. Nothing wrong. Stop complaining. o_O Look we are spending on the theme park to make up for it ! :rolleyes:

I got in to the Moon Voyager rooms last May for a very reasonable price. They need to make it clearer which dates are available at lower prices and which are not.

I wouldn't suggest they tell you where the cheaper prices are. I've never paid anywhere near the prices, you just need to play them at their own game. If you're not choosy about when you stay, you can just wait for them to throw a decent deal at you through email. Or just try your luck on the website now and then. The prices fluctuate massively during the season, nobody will be paying current prices later in the year and AT don't expect anyone to either. I once got the Arabian nights room at Scarefest for £130 (including the champagne etc) just by getting lucky with someone else's cancellation.

Like everything in life, if you don't get the price you want, you walk away. If you've stayed with them before and get email alerts, they'll come to you at some point in the season with a more reasonable price. They don't expect many people to actually pay the outrageous prices offered this time of year, but the social media team can hardly say that can they?

The Sun 50% off code is always one to watch out for. That or keep checking the website now and again, you'll get lucky at some point. Prices for the hotels are very inconsistent.

The Sun 50% off code is always one to watch out for. That or keep checking the website now and again, you'll get lucky at some point. Prices for the hotels are very inconsistent.

Last year, the Sun hotel code deal was only 30% off not 50% :rolleyes:

Just in-case anyone missed it on FB, here is there latest resort advert

Nice little video but in my opinion it does not show the best the resort has to offer and for me it didn't really capture my attention!

Oh dear. So they actually made an advert that primarily focuses on Cloud Cuckoo Land, a themed area that's practically closed, Splash Landings Hotel, a hotel closed for half the season and the Rita: Queen of Speed hole on extraordinary golf, a hole depicting a ride that was rethemed 7 years ago! I mean..... I just don't know what to say to that!