• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

You can't get ERT with sun or come back tickets. They've changed the rules so it's not just staying in hotel now, you have to purchase tickets as the package (so your nephew will get ERT, you two won't).

Nope. You get ERT no matter what ticket you have provided you're staying in the hotel... Just show them your hotel room confirmation card that goes inside your key holder :)

It might officially state that but I haven't known them to turn people away who just show their room card.

Despite what the website says and the 'rules' they have in place, it's not enforced. I did it myself in April with the come back next day tickets, technically you cannot get ERT but since I was staying in the hotel the previous night I kept the confirmation card, shown the staff it and was let in for ERT.

The only way they can really enforce it is by checking if you had booked theme park tickets as a part of a package and since there is no system in place for staff in park to check this it's a very pointless rule to have! You only need to show your hotel card and ta da, you're in!

Technically if they wanted to be picky they could ask to see your admission ticket as hotel ones have hotel on them and obviously Sun/Normal/Towers2 tickets state that on them.

Hotel card will suffice though :)

Maybe they are going to change to this policy and suddenly they will start enforcing it to hotel tickets only over the summer?
I assume pre-booked tickets collected from the kiosk state they are internet pre-booked and eligible for Early Entry so they could make hotel tickets state that too? Or maybe they will introduce a second ticket effectively, so you used one ticket card for admission and then hand over a separate card for the early entry (similar to FastTrack).

All tickets state what kind of ticket they are. Hotel package admission tickets already state on them that they are 'hotel guest' ones so it would simply just be a case of checking what the admission ticket says on it.

Can't see it bring enforced though.

Yeah there are simple things they could do to check tickets but it's unlikely they will bother enforcing it. It's not like there are masses of guests using hotel cards to sneak in. I bet a very very small minority of hotel guests with other tickets do it. Seems a bit anal to start enforcing checks.

This may have changed but i'm fairly sure you don't need a hotel purchased ticket to take advantage of ERT. The perk is for hotel guests whatever their ticket choice. It's your room confirmation card in the key card wallet that gets you in ERT.

Unless something has changed in the last few months.

It does now say this on the website regarding ERT for hotel guests:

Alton Towers said:
*Only available for Hotel guests who have pre-booked Theme Park tickets as part of their hotel package. Early Ride Time offering is subject to change.

Seems a bit silly really, if you've paid all that money to stay over then you should get ERT regardless of how you buy your tickets. I doubt it is being strictly enforced though.

:)

When I was staying in the hotel a couple of weeks ago the ticket had 'HOTEL' printed on it. No need to show the key card.

Rob said:

Alton Towers said:
*Only available for Hotel guests who have pre-booked Theme Park tickets as part of their hotel package. Early Ride Time offering is subject to change.

Seems a bit silly really, if you've paid all that money to stay over then you should get ERT regardless of how you buy your tickets. I doubt it is being strictly enforced though.

That's shocking at about £250 a NIGHT it's out of order

josht said:
Rob said:

Alton Towers said:

It's only that price on a Saturday in the summer. A Wednesday in May and you can get a Splash room for £100 or less. But then most weekdays when the kids are at school you don't really need ERT as queues are short!

Has anyone been In The smiler room as I am thinking of staying in the hotel and that would be the room of my choice.

jon81uk said:
josht said:
Rob said:

Alton Towers said:

It's only that price on a Saturday in the summer. A Wednesday in May and you can get a Splash room for £100 or less. But then most weekdays when the kids are at school you don't really need ERT as queues are short!
Still shocking

In the past, I've turned up at 9AM, explained I'm staying over in the evening and had my BOGOFT tickets approved for ERT. Can't guarantee that though.

Put it this way - two of us went with two non MAP holders recently and even though they had hotel tickets they weren't checked as they just looked at our MAPs and ushered them through too... It's pretty lax tbh :)