• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Dave said:
The base materials (bath, sink, toilet) are i think the same or similar to the moon room ones, there is just no theming. Something i suppose they can sort when they retheme the room.

Hopefully something a bit more substantial than plastic vinyls this time.

:)

I wouldn't hold your breath

There are vinyls used in the Moon rooms. :p So very very unlikely different materials will be used in the other rooms!

yva6atu4.jpg

With current budgets hoovering the carpets is probably about right to be classed as a fantastical makeover! ;)

Just been looking at a casting call for Alton Towers online.

Seems to discuss a "show featuring music, a live band, magic, dancing and lots of interactivity! This is not your average 'sit and watch show', the performance moves through the audience with some sections changing dependent on the guest responses."

The casting call also states the actors will be required to join in with later evening entertainment.

This almost certainly seems to be the new dining experience at ATH so does suggest this is a little but more than what was on offer for easter last year. Certainly has piqued my interest in this (though it's maybe still a little pricey).

That's an interesting show description... it sounds as though it could have some sort of promenade element....

yvemy8e8.jpg

Really not sure if this carpet is new but carpet on the walk way at splash
5u3ady4y.jpg

Also the animals and pens have been removed from behind ATH
be3a5a3u.jpg

And for once no kids on the ship

They are doing a pirates interactive dinning and show during Easter according to the website so I assume the casting call is for that. I imagine if successful something they will do again in the future.

Did they have any sort of dancing event or something in hotels this weekend? Last year they did the same carpet for a similar event (though red).

Loving the repainted pole on the ship. Noticed this a while ago, and don't recall it being mentioned on here regardless of the uproar of original repaint (or don't we like good news here?)

I think there was a dancing with stars weekend in March, not sure when? They usually have a red carpet during Christmas.

The pole was mentioned in this thread somewhere, but no one seemed to care :p We much prefer to moan than give praise! You should know that by now!

GaryH said:
I think the carpet on the walkway in the waterpark looks awful.

There has previously been issues with stiletto shoes getting stuck inbetween the planks of the walkway, I expect this is why it has been carpeted.

Just had a search around and there was a red carpet there from December 2012. Maybe it was temporary. I at least remember walking on a red carpet through there last April!

They used to put the red carpet out every so often, normally when there was some sort of event or themed weekend going on I think.

:)