• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

I’m so used to a walk one single rider even when the queue is 70+, I can’t even imagine being in a 65 minute SRQ!

EDIT: is it just general crowds or have you guys spotted large amount of teenagers which would indicate school trips?
The park is full of school trips. That's why the queue for smiler hasn't budged all day. Its been 90-120 whenever I've seen it. A lot of people decided to split their groups and go down single rider in the afternoon, most likely because of how long the main was. The single rider in the morning wasn't bad

Why would school trips cause the queue for The Smiler and The Smiler only to be high, out of interest? I know it’s a popular ride, but the likes of Wicker Man are also popular rides, and Wicker Man’s only 60 minutes.

For what it’s worth:
  • Smiler is currently 90.
  • The second highest queue on park right now is Rita at 70.
  • This is followed by Wicker Man at 60, Nemesis at 55, Thirteen at 50, Galactica at 50, Spinball at 45 and Oblivion on 40.
  • Other significant queues include 45 for RMT, 40 for Gangsta Granny and 35 for Congo River Rapids.
As far as Smiler’s concerned; I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s only on 3 trains and that’s driving up the queue. That’s certainly what was happening when I was there; the throughput was only around 600-700pph on 3 even with the baggage hold open, which is lower than all of the other big 7 coasters.

Interestingly, the second highest queue, Rita, also had the second lowest throughput by my timings, getting only around 700-750pph…

Smiler is on 3. Its not got the best of throughputs which will explain why its maintained its queue throughout the day. Regardless, the queue looks busier to me than any of the other coasters. The main queue is still near the entrance. Nemesis said 55 but was in fact 30-35 so some of the rides have been overestimated. Smiler is the only one that seems fairly accurate if not understated

Why would school trips cause the queue for The Smiler and The Smiler only to be high, out of interest? I know it’s a popular ride, but the likes of Wicker Man are also popular rides, and Wicker Man’s only 60 minutes.

For what it’s worth:
  • Smiler is currently 90.
  • The second highest queue on park right now is Rita at 70.
  • This is followed by Wicker Man at 60, Nemesis at 55, Thirteen at 50, Galactica at 50, Spinball at 45 and Oblivion on 40.
  • Other significant queues include 45 for RMT, 40 for Gangsta Granny and 35 for Congo River Rapids.
As far as Smiler’s concerned; I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s only on 3 trains and that’s driving up the queue. That’s certainly what was happening when I was there; the throughput was only around 600-700pph on 3 even with the baggage hold open, which is lower than all of the other big 7 coasters.

Interestingly, the second highest queue, Rita, also had the second lowest throughput by my timings, getting only around 700-750pph…
Because it is the biggest and baddest, with the most loops.
Superlatives matter to schoolkids.

One train maybe?
Rita was definitely on two trains the day I timed it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on one.

I get the impression that that one is a struggle due to how bulky the restraints are.
Smiler is on 3. Its not got the best of throughputs which will explain why its maintained its queue throughout the day. Regardless, the queue looks busier to me than any of the other coasters. The main queue is still near the entrance. Nemesis said 55 but was in fact 30-35 so some of the rides have been overestimated. Smiler is the only one that seems fairly accurate if not understated
How long was Wicker Man’s @Ethan? I often find that one to be somewhat overstated; when advertised 55 over the weekend, I queued only 35-40 from midway through the initial set of switchbacks in the main queue (the ones within the first turnaround by the wicker man structure).

Rita was definitely on two trains the day I timed it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on one.

I get the impression that that one is a struggle due to how bulky the restraints are.

How long was Wicker Man’s @Ethan? I often find that one to be somewhat overstated; when advertised 55 over the weekend, I queued only 35-40 from midway through the initial set of switchbacks in the main queue (the ones within the first turnaround by the wicker man structure).
Well when I went on it the estimated time was 60 but it was 50. My longest queue today has been smiler and that was in the single rider aswell🤣 Not been on Rita, th13teen or Galactica, but the other 4 I have

Get a life.

Full House GIF

(Joking, I'm not offended)

Rita was on 2 trains today. Advertised 70 minuites when we joined. Was 45 mins in reality.

Wickerman was advertised as 55 when we joined, changed to 90 very quickly after, with announcements being made via the PA. We queued about 50 I would say.

Nemesis was advertised 55 mins, probably took about 40.

It was busy with school trips, coach park was full too, which always gives a good indication I've found.

Not long after 4pm, Oblivion was advertised as 45 minutes, was on within 15 mins. Then we went round for a re ride and we queued for 5 minuites. Then quickly shot over to FV via the Towers Street Skyride for Nemesis and Galactica both practically walk on at that time around 5.30ish.

It seemed that once the school trips left at about 4ish, a lot of queues dropped hugely. Smiler was still on 90ish minuites though and Wickerman over an hour.

Operations specifically on all the coasters was pretty phenomenal today. To be expected at the Towers though isn't it? Trains were being hammered out as fast as possible on all the big rides.

Rita was on 2 trains today. Advertised 70 minuites when we joined. Was 45 mins in reality.

Wickerman was advertised as 55 when we joined, changed to 90 very quickly after, with announcements being made via the PA. We queued about 50 I would say.

Nemesis was advertised 55 mins, probably took about 40.

It was busy with school trips, coach park was full too, which always gives a good indication I've found.

Not long after 4pm, Oblivion was advertised as 45 minutes, was on within 15 mins. Then we went round for a re ride and we queued for 5 minuites. Then quickly shot over to FV via the Towers Street Skyride for Nemesis and Galactica both practically walk on at that time around 5.30ish.

It seemed that once the school trips left at about 4ish, a lot of queues dropped hugely. Smiler was still on 90ish minuites though and Wickerman over an hour.

Operations specifically on all the coasters was pretty phenomenal today. To be expected at the Towers though isn't it? Trains were being hammered out as fast as possible on all the big rides.
Did you go on smiler? If you went on it in the main queue was the wait as bad as it looked?