• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Oblivion probably has a higher potential throughput but I'd argue Th13teen actually gets through more guests per hour. There's always multiple empty seats on Oblivion. I thought Nemesis would have had a bigger impact this year than it actually has. The queues have arguably been lower than last season overall
I think they have a much lower amount of guests going through the gates this year. At least it seems this way. Would be interesting to see the attendance stats and numbers.

I also thought some dates for scarefest had sold out last year? Doesn’t appear to be the case this year.

I think they have a much lower amount of guests going through the gates this year. At least it seems this way. Would be interesting to see the attendance stats and numbers.

I also thought some dates for scarefest had sold out last year? Doesn’t appear to be the case this year.
I wonder why that is. I personally think with Curse and Sub-terra this has been a decent year for the park. There was nothing new last year so wonder why towers attendance has potentially dropped

I wonder why that is. I personally think with Curse and Sub-terra this has been a decent year for the park. There was nothing new last year so wonder why towers attendance has potentially dropped
People aren't going to travel from miles over for a tarted up dark ride. I've personally gone less this year because Nemesis isn't operating, any other coaster it wouldn't have bothered me.

Cost of living crisis, lack of big investment, the worst summer in terms of weather for years, Walliams World still existing. Many factors driving down attendance.
They made absolutely no investment last year. The difference with the lineup is we have curse and sub terra but don't have Nemesis. Honestly I think the lineup is better this year because we have 2 solid dark rides that weren't there last year and provide something different to the coasters

They made absolutely no investment last year. The difference with the lineup is we have curse and sub terra but don't have Nemesis. Honestly I think the lineup is better this year because we have 2 solid dark rides that weren't there last year and provide something different to the coasters
Lineup is better because best ride in the park is closed? You really don't like Nemesis do you?

Just a note, we don't need to turn this into a "my favourite ride" discussion topic. Feel free to discuss the reasons for the park's attendance numbers this year, bit that shouldn't delve into discussion about what you personally like/dislike. Thanks.

From a brief visit yesterday queues looked horrendous

But with submission, enterprise, ripsaw, ug swinger all removed without replacement

Nemesis, Hex and the skyride temporarily closed

CATCF now pay to play

4D cinema and Crux closed

There’s huge and glaring lack of capacity that could take a decade to turnaround.

From a brief visit yesterday queues looked horrendous

But with submission, enterprise, ripsaw, ug swinger all removed without replacement

Nemesis, Hex and the skyride temporarily closed

CATCF now pay to play

4D cinema and Crux closed

There’s huge and glaring lack of capacity that could take a decade to turnaround.
Agreed. Some seem to think the reintroduction of Nemesis next year will suddenly make things a lot better but in reality it’s the loss and lack of investment of attractions such as Cinemas, show venues and also sit down dining options that leads to people spending all day doing just rides, meaning queues become so long. Hopefully with the new management and Merlin going private we may see a change to this but I’ve seen little indication of it so far.

Agreed. Some seem to think the reintroduction of Nemesis next year will suddenly make things a lot better but in reality it’s the loss and lack of investment of attractions such as Cinemas, show venues and also sit down dining options that leads to people spending all day doing just rides, meaning queues become so long. Hopefully with the new management and Merlin going private we may see a change to this but I’ve seen little indication of it so far.

Indeed, that got me thinking. When was the last time the park expanded the footprint of their offering? I.e tangibly more than was there previously?

Treetop quest?
Rita?
Extraordinary golf?
Haunted hollow? - replaced a train l
Oblivion? - replaced a bobsled
Nemesis?
RMT & Haunted house?

My group of friends decided in DLP instead this year because it's a similar travel distance for us down south. When hex and skyride were confirmed closed that was the deciding factor for us. We already were deciding between the two but Alton takes more away than adds.

When you consider the price and:
- No nemesis
- No flat rides that are not fairground tat
- No replacement for Charlie (that's not an upcharge)
- No hex
- No skyride
- A reincarnation of haunted house
- Sub terra - opened in desperation
- Terrible food offerings
- Laughable/no entertainment
- Pathetic open hours
- Fast track is abused as a cash cow at Alton.

Why would you want to go. For under £100 more we were able to visit DLP.

Tickets AT £36.00 DLP £69.90 (two parks)
Hours AT 1000 - 1700 DLP 09:30 - 22.30
Travel (by train from Sussex) AT £129 (with Railcard return booked in advance). DLP £110 (booked in advance return changed at lile)
Hotel AT £152pp (2 nights cheapest at resort as no viable transport) DLP £76pp (own Airbnb flat other options cheaper at Val de Europe, 1 RER stop or walking distance from DLP, v close to shops and restaurants)

Factor in you can also eat cheaper around DLP (although we did eat in pim kitchen which is tasty/edible compared to a "premium" Alton food product).

This is why my group of friends avoid Alton.

Premier access is an upcharge but DLP have priced it that only a few (mainly Americans) use it. Therefore your day is more enjoyable.

Oh and they have entertainment, drones, shows, and a second ½ theme park. Plus weather is better.

So this year what's Alton got going for it?
Um Alton Manor, maybe smiler. But frankly even thorpe has more going for it than Alton for me at the moment.