• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

You have to ask why hide the queue times - being able to see them whenever helps people plan when they want to visit. Or are they hiding how bad the queues can get
Think I've said this previously, but who other than some enthusiasts actually check queues for theme parks when they are not at said parks? It must be under 1% of all other guests!

Regardless - I don’t see why bother hiding them? Only thing I can think is that the long queue times some days can put people off wanting to visit. Or it could be to stop us discussing how many rides are not open at 10am which should be!

I found it handy so I could laugh at and compare Altons queue times with the queue times on the rides at Energylandia while I was there on Friday past. In the time I had 3 rides on Zadra I would have still have been in the Smiler queue waiting for my first ride 😂

I was at the park today and at 4pm Galactica was advertised as 20 minutes. It was in fact walk on. The queue time then went down to 10 mins then and we did 2 more rides, both of which were also walk on. In general all queue times were much less than advertised. I'm not complaining, it was great! But it made me wonder how they calculate these things and if they purposely fiddle them sometimes for whatever reasons?

I notice the app has been updated recently and if you try and view the queues when off park you get a nice promo video of the park and a link to the parks opening hours. Rather then the error message you got previously

When is half term holiday supposed to be? I thought it was this week like last year but the queues are really low

So if some are off next week why have towers not thought about this. They have 2 off peak days that will likely be busy now

No idea, especially as Staffordshire are one of those off next week.

I suspect they will extend from 4pm if pre-books indicate the numbers are high enough.

No idea, especially as Staffordshire are one of those off next week.

I suspect they will extend from 4pm if pre-books indicate the numbers are high enough.
Academies, which the majority of schools now sadly are, do not have to follow the term dates outlined by the Local Education Authority (LEA). As long as they meet the minimum required school days, they can decide when to take their holidays, training days and everything else. So Staffordshire LEA might have their half term this week, but the majority of schools in the area which aren't LEA, could take half term next week or the week after. It's become increasingly difficult to plan as a result. You've got the same amount of potential visitors, but spread over a longer and wider period. This could explain the shorter opening times, or the lack of provision for late openings. You just can't predict when they'll be. A lot of people decide to book last minute and staff rotas are usually worked out much further in advance.

When is half term holiday supposed to be? I thought it was this week like last year but the queues are really low
2 of mine are in secondary, 1 is in Primary and they're run by different academy trusts. Both schools have 2 weeks off but they break up and go back on different days. This is in the same town where 3 academy trusts operate. There really isn't much consistency anymore like there used to be, no such thing as a local authority-wide "half term week". Not really a bad thing as I've often gone on local school websites before planning a trip to see which of the schools close to the parks are still open when my kids are off.

The lack of arguably their two biggest capacity coasters (Nemesis and Oblivion) on what is likely the busiest day of the season isn't doing them any favours today.

Galactica, Smiler, Wickerman, Rita and Thirteen all posting queue times of 2 hours or more, with Spinball not far behind at 90 mins.

The lack of arguably their two biggest capacity coasters (Nemesis and Oblivion) on what is likely the busiest day of the season isn't doing them any favours today.

Galactica, Smiler, Wickerman, Rita and Thirteen all posting queue times of 2 hours or more, with Spinball not far behind at 90 mins.
Oblivion probably has a higher potential throughput but I'd argue Th13teen actually gets through more guests per hour. There's always multiple empty seats on Oblivion. I thought Nemesis would of had a bigger impact this year than it actually has. The queues have arguably been lower than last season overall