• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the park need to come up with a plan B if multiple rides go down for a lengthy time on a busy day but I'm not sure what they could do?

At least right now there is Mardi Gras float stages in each land and a full scripted live show on the lawns. There is more non-ride entertainment this season than for a few years and slightly more rides than there has been for years with the Retrosquad.

On really bad days they sometimes offer a free return ticket (Thorpe did earlier this week when they had a power cut) and extend the opening times. But when it’s already an 8pm close it’s uncertain if an extension would keep many people happy?

If a 115 minute combined queue time for 4 temporary flats isn’t a valid argument for the addition of several permanent flats then I don’t know what is!
Agreed, just imagine what the queues for the coasters would be like if those 115 mins were split between them instead!

I imagine the coaster queues may well have been even longer had the flats not existed!

I wonder whether the park is planning to invest in at least some permanent replacements for the Retrosquad for 2022?

Let’s hope so, they’ve already proven themselves to be vital additions to absorb queues and they’re fairly inexpensive to buy (compared to a custom built coaster), so I really hope that they get a few flats that are properly themed into their relevant areas. They wouldn’t need to be ground breaking flat rides, the theming will be the most important element.

I think we can say that the flats do the make the coaster queues shorter - yes they’re massive but Wicker Man is down and a 90 minute queue could have easily been 100-120 without them - even if it’s only a 10/20/30 minute decrease - they. still. help.

Well yes off course the flats make a difference, but not particularly a noticeable one is what I meant as some of the coaster queues were ridiculous

As for the crowds and queues, if anyone there today didn't expect it to be busy on a beautiful Bank holiday, they must be insane

Agreed, if people expected it not to be busy today they must be mad. However I'll wager that not many of them expected the park's flagship coaster to be down all day on one of the busiest days of the year. Whatever the reason for the closure, the park needs to face up to the fact that people haven't had the experience they've paid for; no wonder people are angry.

Agreed, if people expected it not to be busy today they must be mad. However I'll wager that not many of them expected the park's flagship coaster to be down all day on one of the busiest days of the year. Whatever the reason for the closure, the park needs to face up to the fact that people haven't had the experience they've paid for; no wonder people are angry.
It does show how big of a difference 1 ride being down makes. If wicker man was open today, I reckon the main coasters wouldn't of got any bigger than 90 mins, whereas some of the rides have hit 120-150 today

It does show how big of a difference 1 ride being down makes. If wicker man was open today, I reckon the main coasters wouldn't of got any bigger than 90 mins, whereas some of the rides have hit 120-150 today
Even higher than that. Thirteen was on a 180 minute queue around midday today.

3 hours for a non headliner ride. (In my opinion)

I wouldn’t wait 45 minutes for it but each to their own!

Even higher than that. Thirteen was on a 180 minute queue around midday today.

3 hours for a non headliner ride. (In my opinion)

I wouldn’t wait 45 minutes for it but each to their own!

Th13teen was 180 minutes, and then an hour later showed 60.

Honestly, I wouldn't believe a word of some of those queue times.

Th13teen was 180 minutes, and then an hour later showed 60.

Honestly, I wouldn't believe a word of some of those queue times.
Ye I can't see how it's possible to reach 180 given that on 3 trains I queued 90 from the entrance. Even to be 120 atm it'd have to be right out the entrance. So unless it was on 2 trains temporarily

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.