• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sorry to double post, but on a different note; for those of you who are more operationally minded than me, what coasters at Towers actually get above 1,000pph in real world conditions?

Sorry to double post, but on a different note; for those of you who are more operationally minded than me, what coasters at Towers actually get above 1,000pph in real world conditions?
Nemesis definitely does. I imagine on 2 stations Galactica and Oblivion can certainly achieve it too. Maybe even th13teen when it's being operated well

I think Nemesis (pretty much all the time), Oblivion (When it's running on full station operations), Thirteen (a lot of the time depending how much they are getting the trains out. Used to be higher with baggage hold outside station) and occasionally Galactica. This is just predictions however I think I'm probably about there.

Yes longer queue time doesn't automatically equal most popular as we've established many, many times.
Well let's look at what the throughputs in real world, at a guess are:
Smiler 880pph- 55 trains in hour
Oblivion 960pph- 60 trains in hour (2 trains every 2 mins)
Rita 700pph- 35 trains in hour
Th13teen 1100pph- 55 trains in hour
Nemesis 1280pph- 40 trains in hour
Galactica 980pph- 35 trains in hour
Wicker man 1008pph- 42 trains in hour
They're just guesses but looking at that the smiler would probably be 2nd lowest throughput, with just Rita behind it

Well back in the early 2000's, Nemesis hit 1442 in one of the hours I was working on it (so this would have been about 47 trains in the hour, allowing for the odd empty seat). This was back in the days before Towers started to cutback on staff to save money though.

Back then you had a host on the ride entrance & a bay-loader in the station, so in theory no height checks were having to be done in the station & the bay-loader ensured you were getting as close to 32 on each train as possible. This throughput was achieved with the faff of the baggage cage on the offload platform (which slows things down) and also disabled guests / RAP (and some of these guests take longer to board, e.g. if in a wheelchair).

So basically staff the rides properly & you'll be able to run the rides on full capacity (e.g. both stations on Galactica & Oblivion) and get the throughputs.

I would say it's fairly safe to say that Smiler, regardless of throughputs, is the most popular ride with the GP, its only major competition being Wicker Man. Based on general in-park buzz, it's the ride you hear most people talking about in passing and is most likely to have a queue when the park is quiet.

Having said that, you absolutely can't look at queue times when decided a definitive order of which ride is most popular.

I would say it's fairly safe to say that Smiler, regardless of throughputs, is the most popular ride with the GP, its only major competition being Wicker Man. Based on general in-park buzz, it's the ride you hear most people talking about in passing and is most likely to have a queue when the park is quiet.

Having said that, you absolutely can't look at queue times when decided a definitive order of which ride is most popular.
Like you say there is no definitive order, but based on my personal experiences of which rides tend to seem the busiest, not based on queue times but the amount of people in the queue, Imo I'd say the order for popularity is:
1. Smiler
2. Wicker man
3. Th13teen
4. Rita
5. Galactica
6. Nemesis
7. Oblivion
Many will disagree which is fine but it's rare to see lots of people in the queue for Nemmy and oblivion these days

Indeed, if we could stick to factual queue times discussion in this topic as opposed to getting back into the never ending ride rating opinion topic it'd be much appreciated :)

Well let's look at what the throughputs in real world, at a guess are:
Smiler 880pph- 55 trains in hour
from my experiences this year the smiler has been operating really poor at times. It was kinda one train would leave lift 1 just as the one in front is usually making its way through the last 3 inversions which is around 20 seconds behind what a duel would be. ive done some calculating using recent pov's and a duel is a dispatch every 70 seconds, counting the time between a train at the top of lift 1 up until it reaches the top of lift 2. I'd say on my visits the average dispatch time is about 85-90 Seconds which would mean around 41 dispatches an hour which would make a throughput around 656. On one of my visits they were getting it duel quite often whereas within about the hour i was in the queue it only happened 1 time. Poor staff training i reckon but idk ive seen some really good ops on it this year aswell so it depends on the staff on duty at the time. Oh and this is on 4 trains but the fourth train definitely didn't make any difference on this occasion! I think its awful that one of the most popular rides has a lower throughput.

And also i think wicker man could maybe reach 1000 just about if they really wanted.

I’m not denying that Smiler is a very popular ride, but its extremely long queues relative to the others might be helped by the fact that it doesn’t have the highest of throughputs compared to the others; I don’t know if this is the case all the time, but I clocked it at around 750pph on my last ride.

In terms of the big 7, I think only Rita was lower by my timings, although in fairness I’m yet to get around to timing Galactica (?).

I’m not denying that Smiler is a very popular ride, as I think it is certainly one of the park’s most popular alongside Wicker Man. But I do think that its relative throughput compared to the others might also explain its long queue times.
Not to mention a lot of fast trackers and also the single rider queue, it's quite complicated to work out the queue time on it.

For my money the team to a really good job, and dispatches are frequent, but 16 people trains are not great for capacity compared with Wicker Man and Nemesis.

What it does have in it's favour though is no seatbelts and you don't ofen get a "walk of shame" moment as the restraints are quite forgiving.

But, as another poster says, sometimes it depends on the crew on the day.

Not to mention a lot of fast trackers and also the single rider queue, it's quite complicated to work out the queue time on it.

For my money the team to a really good job, and dispatches are frequent, but 16 people trains are not great for capacity compared with Wicker Man and Nemesis.

What it does have in it's favour though is no seatbelts and you don't ofen get a "walk of shame" moment as the restraints are quite forgiving.

But, as another poster says, sometimes it depends on the crew on the day.

removal of the bag room was a major issue with dispatch times .

Not of to a great start with 4 of the coasters closed and wickerman jumping straight to 60 mins and smiler going straight to 80 mins, hopefully it'll be looking better when I go next week, I can't wait!

What an earth is going on at towers today. Smiler at 2 hours and it's the Monday where most schools have gone back! I'm assuming this is a result of college and uni students getting last minute trips in

It'll be like this for another good few weeks, I thought my course started on the 27th but it actually starts on the 20th as postgrads seem to start earlier. The undergrads do start on the 27th though at my uni, so it'll probably be this way for the entire month.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.